Someone care to help me out?

S.A.MSP

:
R.I.P #298, 86 Jeep Cherokee (under the knife)
ok so, i replaced the spun bearings, put on a GT28RS and installed a 626 IM, the car starts 3 times out of 100 tries, when it starts it revs really high then dies, so i put the stock IM back on, same problem, followed a diagram for the vacuum hoses and everything checks out, replaced the solenoid for the fuel pressure regulator and replaced the MAF, still nothing, please help me out somebody.

if it was just a vacuum hose it would not do that. it is a big vacuum leak. the car can not hold pressure so it shuts off.

first check the intake manifold to the block. make sure there is no left over gasket that is making a un proper seal. after surfaces are smooth, tightend down the bolts in a seqence like tightening a car tire, so the intake can be sealed evenly.

next, do the same steps to the throttle body, check for gasket and evenly tightend down bolts.

i think its one of those.

it wasn't a total rebuilt, just the stuff i mentioned, trouble codes before i erased them were, MAF circuit low, fuel pressure regulator something and idle control valve malfunction.

just to double check, does the brake booster line connect to the biggest bung on the IM meaning the one on the bottom?

well then it's not that cause it's connected nice and tight, i'm just gonna have it towed to a shop tomorrow in Charlotte, i'm in Atlanta so i can't do anything about it, they can fix it under warranty probably, after-market extended warranty FTW!!

Latest posts

Back