Install a sound system with bose system!

El Kevs

hi everyone,

I got the bose system in my cx-7, and i want to put subwoofers together with its amplifier. I know that the bose's amp. is in the back, but what are the cables or what are the color cables from the amp., ( of the bose system), to its woofers in the front door of a the cx-7.

I need this cables to connect my extra amp. to this cables and my speaker from it.

If there is a different way to install my sound system please recommend me something.

thanks everyone!

Get the Rockford Fosgate 3.Sixty? for best results w/ stock system and get 2 amps, one 4-channel and one mono for subs, then you'll have smooth and loud sound with clear voice production. If you don't have nav. change the bose unit, since ur spending money anyway, and get Pioneer/kenwood/alpine which ever Double Din w/ 3 pre-outs, (front, rear, sub). Or one w/ built in high pass filter so you don't get bass to the door speakers and only to Subs...many options, don't worry about factory Bose speakers when running w/ the high-pass filter (just remember to turn it on! which means reading the owners manual of the head unit!!), they'll be used for mids/highs only. Set the crossover to ~125hz so no low-bass damage.

Hi

@El Kevs: looks like you read my mind today. Have the same problem.

I have CX GT, AWD with just the bose System. I'm just missing the bass on the bose system. The sound quality is good but poor bass.

So I wen't today to custom sounds just to have an idea concerning price.

What I wan on my car: Keep the Bose speakers and bose unit but add a subwoofer back to have more pass.

But looks like It'll cost me by 11 K(Man is a lot money for just adding the subwoofer[but sure I'll need an amplifyer]). They will probably add some rear speakers.

My second problem is following: I don't wan to have carry a big Subwoofer box back. I'll like my be to have a customized subwoofer (fitting on both sides back or where the) build in like Alpine does for different cars. But for the CX-7 it not avialable right now. But I can still take my time and build one.

@StickShiftCamry: thanks for your Info but I'll like to keep the Bose Unit (radio + speakers + amplifiyer) I'll need a second amp to kick the subwoofer. Any advices; What subwoofer, amplifiyer and so one.

Thanks

Bertrand_CX_7

Sorry for my English. Just hope you can follow me.

@Coltrane,

thanks for the link man. Sorry for the late answer. Was busy the last week.

I probably keep the bose amp but the rear speakers just drive me nuts. It not speaker it's just sound like s......

Any way I'll try build a subwoofer or just get better rear speakers components an plug them on the amp to see if the bass sound better.

Once again thanks for the Info.

do i even need to pull out the radio? can i just wire an amp just from the bose amp? maybe tap off the front door speakers for bass? and any random speaker wire for remote?

@JetsCX7,

you're right. or the additional amp you don't even need to pull out the radio. Taping out into the bose amp is what poeple usualy do.

Bertrand_CX_7

Great job Bertrand!! I've been trying to decide what to do with my sub. I have a single 10" and really don't want the generic sub box in the rear of my car. Did you use a Clean sweep, or the Rockford Fosgate processor to hook up your amp?

Back