'03 & '03.5 Racinghart wheel offset

Evan_in_CA

:
2006 Mazda5 Touring
OK, so I've searched this site and alot of the interweb, it appears that concensus on mazda247 is that the offset on these wheels is 55mm, which I am inclined to believe. That said, mazdausa's own site says that the wheels are 65mm offset. Has anyone measured them, is this a typo, or am I comparing apples to oranges somehow? Is an '03 or '03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege not the same as an '03 or '03.5 MP3? Were there two different Racinghart wheels available, one for the Mazdaspeed and one on the MP3?

I'm a total Mazda n00b and I am trying to figure out if these wheels (or some version of them) will fit on my 2006 Mazda5. Any help is appreciated; I know that this has probably been covered before, I'm just confused because I'm not real familar with the Protege model history and Mazda's own site has different info than what is on these forums...

Thanks!
Evan

*Edit - Maybe I'm totally confused and these wheels came on the 03 and 03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege? I think maybe I posted in the wrong forum...

Last edited:
not too sure on the offset, but in 2001 mazda made the protege mp3 and it came with racing hart wheels. 2003 mazda had the mazdaspeed version of the protege and the racing hart wheels changed to another design

here are the wheels on the 2003(.5) mazdaspeed

2003.mazda.mazdaspeedprotege.27733-396x249.jpg

wheels on the 2001 mp3

112_0109+2001_mazda_protege_mp3+front_side_view.jpg

and welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
OK, the ones that I'm looking at are the '03 Mazdaspeed 3 ones, so I just need to figure out the true offset on those. The Mazda website that I mentioned before is talking about the '03 wheels.

Thanks!

Back