A very sad day in my life

Well I have not been a regular at these forums since I got into graduate school and got married. It limited my time to work on my car.

But it is with great regret that I have to say my car has been totalled... @ 72k miles from a collision my wife was involved in going less than 35mph. She feels awful about it but it was not her fault so we will see what the insurance company offers us. Its just a major bummer. :(

While I know on the grand scale of things this is small. It is rather sad that I have to say bye to a car I have loved and enjoyed since the day I first saw (and bought).\

I guess the research commences now for a replacement :-/ but how can you replace a car like that?

Catch you all later.

It just baffles me how such a small accident and they total it. I mean I came and got my wife and drove it home which was like 1.5 miles because it was late. The front of the frame was twisted because the impact was on the right passenger side of the hood/fender. I'm just in shock because it doesn't look bad, but still.. you can still have all your ribs crushed and not look bad but be in severe pain.

Kinda morbid there though.

That sucks but your car can always be replaced a life cant whats important is your wife is ok. Hope everything works out for you.

That sucks but your car can always be replaced a life cant whats important is your wife is ok. Hope everything works out for you.

I 100% agree with you. My wife is fine thanks for asking :) She only bumped her knee on the bottom of the dash, but the swelling went down by the next day. So I thanked God for that.

I just didn't think the damage was enough to have it reported as total loss so its just a shock.

That sucks bro. Really sorry to hear that. Are you guys going to get another Mazda?

Sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what it's like to lose your car to something like this. Best of luck for your wife's recovery, and for the search for a replacement to your baby.

Sorry to hear about your care dude. Have you looked into the option of buying it back and then fixing it? I think the insurance looks at our car being worth like $3000-4000. if you put even 4g of damage on it they will "total" it. It does not mean it's actualy totaled.

Just a option for ya.

that really sux man. glad everyone is ok though. thats what really matters!

are you planning on staying in the mazda family? a mazda3 is a logical replacement. and the MS3's are just that much more sexy. and can be bought for under 23k new still

or you can just get another protege, maybe even a mazdaspeed to get what you didnt have before. i can say when my daily driver tiburon got totalled, i thought about getting another exactly like it, but decided i should just move on, now after a year, and buying a different car, i wish i would have just bought another daily driver tibby. :(

Last edited:
Exactly it doesn't necessarily mean that the car is unrepairable just that it makes no sense based on the actual cash value of the car at this point to the company to pay to fix it. So the adjuster will total it and move on.

I'm trying to stay in the mazda family. My wife and I test drove a 2008 Mazda3 i touring yesterday. She loved the way it looked, handled, drove. The price was not bad they only run about 18k (similar to what our MP3's) cost brand new. May have to find one used because financing 18k is not financially smart for us right now since we are trying to move.
I'm looking around used for something so I guess maybe Lord willing what we need will appear haha.

Even though my MP3 has officially been hauled away now to be scrapped I suppose....My wife and I have decided to stay in the mazda family and we purchased an 04 Mazda 3s. So far we love it so I'll still be around from time to time!

sorry to hear about your loss but nice catch on the 3 :) Enjoy it mate.

Andrew: it was hauled away, insurance company is going to probably just take it to a salvage yard and itll be scraped there

Back