best strut bar for mazda 3

Depends on how stiff you want. I'm running a Vibrant but Mazdaspeed would prob be more than ok

From what I've found is the front struts mount so close to the firewall a strut bar doesn't do much for performance but it makes the engine bay look good!

I'd recommend Vibrant or GT Spec. :)

yea i so go with vibrant there cheap yet gets the job done i think i paid like 80$ for mine online....gt spec yea what can i say very high price but well worth the money

I plan on getting the vibrant one, only because I know its not really going to add that much rigidity to the chassis. Its the cheapest one made I believe, but I like the design of it too, just in case I decide to do any car-shows.

I would like to see pics of these strut bars and the 3 Engine bays.

i have the gt spec nice piece but probably not worth the $$ i spent on it as it really doesn't do as much as i was hoping, got a better suspension upgrade with a rear sway bar then with the strut bar.

autoexe, enough said

Attachments

• MBK400inst.jpg
    MBK400inst.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 4,980
From what I've found is the front struts mount so close to the firewall a strut bar doesn't do much for performance but it makes the engine bay look good!
exactly. It is already built into the car. It will be just for looks only.

exactly. It is already built into the car. It will be just for looks only.

what you heard was bulls*** coming from people who don't know enough about our cars plus buying into mazda's PR

if you have taken the plastic cowel panel off of these cars, you will see that the cowel panel frame has a big cut out near the master cylinder because of the wiper motor assembly... the cut out is so big that once you see it, you will see that this piece of metal does little to stiffen the chassis... there's a reason why mazda modified the design of this cowel panel frame on the ms3s and the new 2.0 turbo diesel cars (in europe)

just putting on the autoexe front strut bar on my car made a huge difference in handling... steering feel and response improved tremendously and turn in became sharp and precise... while bodyroll and the typical stock suspension understeer remained in place because there were no true suspension mods, the chassis rigidity improvement from just the strut bar that "does nothing" did a whole lot to how the car drives

now just like any car, putting on a cheap ass strut bar isn't going to do much... put on a quality ONE PIECE bar like the autoexe, you WILL feel the difference

vibrant ftmfw!

S5030064.jpg
how is that good? it interferes with the battery cooling box which forces you to remove it, it has adjustable points which reduces the stiffening effectiveness of the bar, and the brackets look weak... furthermore, it is located off center which also reduces its effectiveness

not worth the money IMO... I'd take a gt-spec over that one

nice finger btw :p

you can actually leave the battery box in place if you want.

I paid 50 bucks for mine and it was worth it. It dresses up the engine bay and provides enough rigidity for me.

P1010681.jpg

exactly what i bought it for. i didn't buy it for performance. mainly just the look. i won't be auto-xing my car anytime soon haha. i did notice a bit difference in responsiveness after installing the strut brace and the AWR mount (88dur). so maybe it was a bit of both?

Back