Rally lights ???

Maybe its also the type of people that i have run across with evos and sti's im not saying that they are bad cars at all . What i am saying is to the Subi and Mitsu Companies , i have respect for anyone who drives evos and sti's . That comment was directed towards Mitsu and Subi . No one that drives those cars

I'm calling BS on this whole thing.

1: Mazda (Ford) could care less what you "think" you're doing to the MS6.
2: What department at Mazda have you been supposedly speaking to? ($10 it's a local stealership mechanic at best)
3: No car company is going to "send you a free bumper" None. Heck you can't get a free sticker from them, let alone a part that costs as much as a bumper. If this were true we'd all be getting free parts.

Sheeeet, I'd tell Mazda I am building a track beast and I am in need of free Recaro's, SSR comps, full roll cage, and why not through in 5 or 6 sets of F1's.

Dude, you have a great imagination, but come on.

I am sure I will get a warning PM for this reply, but I am simply calling a spade, a spade.

And this is just my opinion.

http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/

Check this out @$$hat. We actually do have support from Mazda directly. And you could call mazda and tell them your building a track monster and they would help supply parts if its legit.

People like LV Tunerz actually help progress the brand, hopefully it works out.
But nobody want to here your BS
(gtfo)

http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/

Check this out @$$hat. We actually do have support from Mazda directly. And you could call mazda and tell them your building a track monster and they would help supply parts if its legit.

People like LV Tunerz actually help progress the brand, hopefully it works out.
But nobody want to here your BS
(gtfo)

OK.

Did he mention once that he was utilizing Mazdamotorsports? No. "I have been talking to them on the phone".

Complete BS

Let's see a pic of said "free bumper" LMFAO!

Yes, destroying a sport sedan for Rally is really progressing the brand. If it's so feasible why hasn't Mazda done this with a MS6 yet?

Too funny.

STFU.

Are you aware of the AWD MS3 Rally Car? Why not a MS6.

Yes I am. I am a huge fan of RR. Been into it for over 15 years.

Not trying to argue with you at all, but it seems too farfetched. I certainly wish him luck, but I highly doubt it will happen.

FYI: I called Mazda Motor Sports. "We do not give free parts to anyone, we do however offer substantially lower prices on performance parts only with a proven race record and result spreadsheets".

http://www.mazdamotorsports.com/pages/membership.html

Which classes have HP limits, if any?

Technical regulations mandate that World Rally Cars must be built upon a production car with a minimum of 2500 units, based on a pre-existing Group A model, to which a number of modifications may be added, including but not limited to increasing (or decreasing) engine capacity to 2.0 litres, adding a turbocharger, four wheel drive, active differential, sequential gearbox and aerodynamic parts, and the Anti-Lag System on turbocharged engines. The cars must also have a minimum weight of 1230kg.

However, unlike Group A, manufacturers are no longer required to build "Homologation Specials" in order to meet approval. The base model need not have the characteristics of the WRC, as evidenced from cars such the Peugeot 206 and 307, Citron Xsara, or the Skoda Fabia, which have no road car with a turbocharged petrol engine or four wheel drive.

To limit power, all forced inducted (turbo) cars are fitted with a 34 mm diameter air restrictor before the turbocharger inlet, this limits the air flow to about 10 cubic meters per minute. The restrictor therefore limits the power output to about 330-340 hp (officially 300 hp - which was correct about 10 years ago). Because of that, engine development is more focused on producing an engine with a very wide power curve rather than a high peak power output. This means that a power ouput in excess of 300 hp is available all the way from 3000 rpm to the red line of 7500 rpm with a peak of 330-340 hp at around 5500 rpm. At 2000 rpm, which is the idle speed in "stage" mode, the power output is slightly above 200 hp [1]. The cars are further modified for greater rigidity with rollcage and other chassis strengthening measures. Before each rally, the competing cars are fitted with suspension and tyres along with different differential settings to suit the conditions of the many stages, which may take place on asphalt roads, gravel and dirt roads of varying consistency, and even frozen snow-covered roads on some rallies held in relatively cold climates.

Not trying to argue with you at all, but it seems too farfetched. I certainly wish him luck, but I highly doubt it will happen.

FYI: I called Mazda Motor Sports. "We do not give free parts to anyone, we do however offer substantially lower prices on performance parts only with a proven race record and result spreadsheets".

Yeah I'm aware of the parts thing. I would rather support the guy instead calling BS as soon he said it though.

all you need to do is talk to the right people. I would get a hold of rally armor to see about making skid plates and mud flaps. I love their stuff for subaru. definatly get a hold of them. your deffinatly gona need a quafie(spelling) differential, axles, forged motor, but as far as building power i would stick with the cai and a turbo back exhaust and a map clamp if needed. There are no good tuning soluions for this car yet, if there ever will be, i would stick to worrying about the drivetrain itself and suspension, and hopefully by the time you are done with that a tuning solution will be "invented" letting you get to your desired power goals

Yeah no need to argue, your right. Same criticism happed when people mentioned a KL in the protege.

Yeah no need to argue, your right. Same criticism happed when people mentioned a KL in the protege.

Too funny, you're in Swathmore/Media. I just moved from Philly to Colorado (two weeks ago). My best freind owns The West End Saloon.

Nice area you're in.

Its getting severely over crowded, Traffic everywhere. Actually planning on moving to southern Delaware after this summer, Lewes/Rehoboth area with my girlfriend.

What if I call BS on that? First you said you called them, but then you linked a page that pretty much said exactly what you typed?

I guess no one these days has heard of "sponsorships"?

How do you know he didn't work something out with Mazda to get his front bumper? It's possible........ none of us know the entire facts behind the whole thing. How do you know even called MazdaMotorsports and not a different, what's the word? Branch of Mazda? I got a free gas cap cover for my car, cause I didn't like the chrome one it came with. How about that? I CAN take a pic of it for you too, cause I still have it in, it's in BLACK, I couldn't get it painted for free though (rlaugh) and I need it in Black Cherry Mica :D

I for one would like to see the rally car happen, but hell, it's gonna cost A LOT. So I don't expect to see it happen anytime soon unless someone has that great of a job, or wins the lottery (hell if I won the lotto I'd definitely build one LOL). That being said, we would all rather be positive than negative, if you're positive about something it's more likely to happen........ thanks (2thumbs)

thank you very much !!! i will be getting the rule book in the mail i hope here soon , i dont want to print 121 pages of rules , id rather it already be in a book format LOL . And it looks at tho i will be building my own light set-up , due to the fact i think a light " bar " would look better with the MS6 instead of the hood lights

I have an idea... Get one bar from a Thule rack and then mount the lights to that. Will be like a Truck KC light bar.

looks like this subject is dead no talk about it from the originator in quite some time...personally i wouldnt spend that much cash on this (gun)

Back