Airbag Code?

:
2002 Yellow P5
Where can I find what my airbag code is? This morning my airbag light started blinking at me. 2 long ones and 6 or 7 short ones. I think it's a 26 (or 27). Where can I find what that means?

And of course where do I start looking for the fix....

For whatever reason when I went to run some errands at lunch, the light didn't come on or flash. Umm...ok.

I think the cel flashes only from misfires IIRC. May be plug/wire/coil issue instead of airbag. Lemme see what airbag code is.......................Looks like 22,25,26,32 or 37 for driver's side airbag according to service manual in the restraints section. Maybe it does do that like you saw. Lemme read some more, thought it would be a cel then plug in the reader type code...........

Duuuhhh, you said airbag light not cel. Nevermind on the misfire s***, that's the cel light not the airbag light.

No problem. I did some looking under my seat for my ipaq over the weekend and I was behind the center console disconnecting my GPS. Both location I could have bumped sometihng loose. Whatever it was it's now making contact or whatever. So far almost 200 miles of no light.

I think the cel flashes only from misfires IIRC. May be plug/wire/coil issue instead of airbag. Lemme see what airbag code is.......................Looks like 22,25,26,32 or 37 for driver's side airbag according to service manual in the restraints section. Maybe it does do that like you saw. Lemme read some more, thought it would be a cel then plug in the reader type code...........

So what does an airbag 37 mean? My girlfriend is driving my P5 while I'm away from home and it just started flashing that one at her. She's really freaked out. Dealer can't get her in for a day but they told me it's probably not urgent. How worried should I be? And should I blow $95 on a diagnostic right now or can I wait till money isn't so tight?

for 37 it says "Passenger-side side airbag module". Don't know what's all included in it.

Back