Top mount intercooler and rear motor mount installed!

sleeper3

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
HOLY JEEZ

I'm going to the track on friday night! hoping for mid 13's... hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to launch this car on the track.

sorry, I didn't realize the forums had been split. please move me to the speed section! thanks!

the difference is definitely noticeable. on a crisp shift (it doesn't even have to be a power shift) I spin all the way through 2nd gear. the vibrations at idle are minimal and I did notice that the engine noise is a bit louder (I'm guessing because the mount transfers vibrations from the engine into the cabin).

all in all, I couldn't be happier with my results though.

look at driver311's engine pics. it was his intercooler anyway... I'm sure I'll take some pics eventually.

Tell us, did you see any increase in boost pressure???? If you go through the gears what is the max you see in 4th and whats it fall to by 6k?

Im glad your happy.

I never really watch boost, but I have the gauge with peak hold and I can see that it isn't spiking any higher than it was before. at 100 mph call me crazy, but I'm more interested in watching the road than my boost gauge.

4th is my new favorite gear but 6th is still so close to my heart. anything putting air through the intercooler pulls so much harder. it's great.

I'm going to try my best to get my old digital camera working so I can video the runs and maybe people can give me pointers. I know my tires are going to hate me.

Latest posts

Back