Added a chrome lip to my OZ's

jbiird317

:
07 MS3-GT
Well maybe chrome isnt the best word for it, maybe bare metal lip is a better description. And no, I didnt do it on purpose. Stupid valet driver curbed the **** out of my front left wheel. She mustve just done it too cuz there were still fresh metal shavings on the wheel. The edge is gone on about half the wheel along with a huge dent where she mustve pounded the curb. There doesnt seem to be any damage to the car itself, but the wheel is pretty much ruined.

As I was filling out the claim form with the garage manager, he tried to mark "uncertain" to the question of "Is the damage fresh?" I flipped out and told him that the clean silver metal showing on the wheel with no brake dust shoud be a good indication of how fresh it is... not to mention all the metal shavings on the wheel, if I was driving it at all with that damage thered be no more shavings on the wheel.

Basicly I was f'ing pissed, and I'll be making sure that the garage is buying me a brand new set of wheels in the very near future.

ouch...that sucks dude! i hope it goes well for you buddy, i just used valet parking for the first time last week and the guy that brought me back my car said "sweet ride man!" And i know he wasnt looking for a big tip, cause it was FREE valet parking so the comment had to be legit!

So what do you think about the polished lip? Look sweet?

j/k........ I hate to hear that and the whole ordeal sucks for you. And you have every right to flip out. If they did the whole "uncertain" thing to me, I probably would have been in court on assault charges shortly after the incident.........

No pics?
This thread is Garbage.

yeah yeah well I have pics, but problem is I have no computer. I have my work computer but cant really upload pics, the rest of my internetting has been done thru blackberry lately (past 6months). I bought a new computer tho and it should be here mid week, I'll put up some pics when i get it

Damn it, that's freaking terrible. I love your car too, which makes this even worse. I've yet to never curb rashed a rim (I'm usually overly careful), but one time in my old car I let my friend drive after I *may* of had too much to drink (he was sober). He's a good driver an all, but he wasn't used to my turn radius and scraped up my two of my wheels in a tight drive through that night.

I know the feeling, but in this case I had to blame myself for it. In your case, It's obviously the "profressional" (yeah, right) driver for f*ing it up. I really hope they do the right thing here, and set things straight with new wheels.

Well thats horrible news. If you are gonna sell them, send me a PM... if you think the damages are mostly repairable through new paint that is. Yes, this is a sly way of saying "dibs".

Best of luck.

well my new computer came in the mail today, FINALLLLLY! so I will have pictures of the damage up tomorrow night most likely.

as for selling the rims, Ive had a couple of requests now, so im not gonna keep track of all the dibs really, the one wheel is damaged but I'm sure with some work it could be repaired, but in no way will it ever look the same as before this accident. any way you look at this, if the hotel comes through for me and replaces the wheels then someone should be able to pick up a decent set of light wheels for a discount price....

honesly man good luck i have had issues with hotel valets before and last time they made me file a cliam with my insurance company first and my ins co had to go after them to get the money... it was a real pita for 1200$$

and they will probably only buy you one wheel

sorry to hear this happened to you good luck with it

+1
I was reading the thread and wondering why you thought they would do anything more than replace the one damaged rim.

well last time I had to replace one rim (motegi track lite) it was nearly impossible to find a place that sold them individually rather than as a set, maybe that was just because motegi had already moved on to trak lite II's, cuz now that I look at tire rack it looks like i can get just one. I'll still pull for a new set, at least one rim/tire combo.

as for filing a claim on my insurance....ill be damned if I'm gonna put their accident on my insurance, I know for a fact that their insurance will cover it without my company even knowing...

OK time to add some pics, check out the damage....

makes me sick just thinking about it....

Attachments

• DSC_0160.JPG
    DSC_0160.JPG
    508.6 KB · Views: 229
  • DSC_0161.JPG
    DSC_0161.JPG
    529.2 KB · Views: 163
  • DSC_0162.JPG
    DSC_0162.JPG
    606.1 KB · Views: 200
Back