Turbine Tech Front Engine Mount

So then are you saying that a passenger wouldn't even know it were there?

Sorry to be so picky about it, but I'd like to know what to expect. Thanks for your patience and responses :)

People don't know anything is done to my car unless I tell them.

I guess the only thing I can say is that if you want to improve the driveability of the car and modify it, you have to sacrifice some of the mushy feeling and lack of rigidity that they built into it. When it comes to the diff mount/brace, I'm willing to do that, but I don't plan on getting the front mount.

People don't know anything is done to my car unless I tell them.

I guess the only thing I can say is that if you want to improve the driveability of the car and modify it, you have to sacrifice some of the mushy feeling and lack of rigidity that they built into it. When it comes to the diff mount/brace, I'm willing to do that, but I don't plan on getting the front mount.

And you have the 70d correct?

I'm just fearful of it vibrating and rattling like an old car. But if its just gentle tremors through the wheel that only the driver will feel, I'm willing to compromise that. I just don't want a noticeable buzzing in the cabin. You've really sold me on this mount, to be honest, and you've helped alleviate a lot of my concerns. So thank you for that.

I think I'll be ordering the 70d and Stage 1 TWM Short Shifter w/ bushings... When there are more rear diff options available, like CP-Es, I'll revisit the thought.

I'm just fearful of it vibrating and rattling like an old car. But if its just gentle tremors through the wheel that only the driver will feel, I'm willing to compromise that. I just don't want a noticeable buzzing in the cabin. You've really sold me on this mount, to be honest, and you've helped alleviate a lot of my concerns. So thank you for that.

I think I'll be ordering the 70d and Stage 1 TWM Short Shifter w/ bushings... When there are more rear diff options available, like CP-Es, I'll revisit the thought.

i don't think you'd notice a buzzing in the cabin, then again I am partially deaf so I wouldn't even notice if there WAS LOL

Someone, I forgot who, I think it was a friend with a speed3... has the 88d AWR rear engine mount... he says the vibration on his isn't that big of a deal.

Everyone praises these mounts so much, I think you'd be more likely to feel the bumping and jarring of a tight suspension translating the pavement of the road through the car to you..... than you would notice a buzzing vibration that would annoy you

oh and I bought the stage 2 shifter.... I just need to get around to installing it (thumb)

Glad I can help. I'm just telling you through first hand experience. PM me if you've got any more questions.

As far as the diff mount options go, I know for a fact there will be more options available soon...i'll let you take from that what you will.

Glad I can help. I'm just telling you through first hand experience. PM me if you've got any more questions.

As far as the diff mount options go, I know for a fact there will be more options available soon...i'll let you take from that what you will.

MOAR parts?! PLEEZ! lol, hmmm now if that means what I think it means, I might wait until the end of the summer to see what we have as far as mounts for the car.

Yeah, I'm sold on the mounts but I guess it would be better to wait and see competitors prices, if / when they come out.

I would recommend installing one sooner rather than later. Best of luck if you wait.

I've got 18+k miles and no mounts............ (guitar)

and yes I (whip) the crap out of it.

So Steve......... you would buy the rear mount (i'm so lost, are we talking about rear engine mount?)

but you would WAIT on the differential mount to see what else comes out?

Wait on the diff mount, thats all im saying. The rear mount is something I'd do asap.

Well after further research, I went ahead and ordered the CP-E rear engine mount. It appears to be the softest material while still being sturdy. I just got off the phone with Jordan and Josh, and just the amount of info + data they had was compelling evidence enough for me to give it a shot. I'll report back with detailed impressions once I install the mount.

What kinda steered me away from the AWR, is the fact that AWR themselves refer to it as a RACE mount. But if the CP-E isn't what I like, I'll go ahead ad try the AWR

So Steve......... you would buy the rear mount (i'm so lost, are we talking about rear engine mount?)

but you would WAIT on the differential mount to see what else comes out?

Exactly.

Well after further research, I went ahead and ordered the CP-E rear engine mount. It appears to be the softest material while still being sturdy. I just got off the phone with Jordan and Josh, and just the amount of info + data they had was compelling evidence enough for me to give it a shot. I'll report back with detailed impressions once I install the mount.

What kinda steered me away from the AWR, is the fact that AWR themselves refer to it as a RACE mount. But if the CP-E isn't what I like, I'll go ahead ad try the AWR

I have the AWR, and while it's designed from a race car, it doesn't make yours feel like one. The $60 cheaper price point made it an easy decision, and the quality is top notch.

Exactly.

I have the AWR, and while it's designed from a race car, it doesn't make yours feel like one. The $60 cheaper price point made it an easy decision, and the quality is top notch.

Cool, I guess I'll be waiting..... and I think AWR just refers to them as a "race mount" being it can handle the added abuse/pressure you put on it, no? Since race cars, for the most part, are attempted to have the parts built tough to last them longer, since they abuse the crap out of them, and breaking isn't something one can afford in a race. At least that's the only conclusion I can get out of it.

I've been thinking of getting the 88durometer.

Steve how do you like the stage 2 SS? I've yet to install mine, and even worse, I'm going on Vacation thursday and I won't be home til monday. lol I know someone who has the short shifter for their speed3, and it certainly looks like the stage 2 for the speed6 (dropped in height and short throws).

If you go with the 88d you'll rattle the fillings out of your teeth.

As for the SS, I love it. So easy to drive, requires next to nothing to shift it. Plan on taking about 90 minutes to install, and when you put the new upper shaft in, an extra set of hands helps out alot.

Cool, I guess I'll be waiting..... and I think AWR just refers to them as a "race mount" being it can handle the added abuse/pressure you put on it, no? Since race cars, for the most part, are attempted to have the parts built tough to last them longer, since they abuse the crap out of them, and breaking isn't something one can afford in a race. At least that's the only conclusion I can get out of it.

I've been thinking of getting the 88durometer.

Steve how do you like the stage 2 SS? I've yet to install mine, and even worse, I'm going on Vacation thursday and I won't be home til monday. lol I know someone who has the short shifter for their speed3, and it certainly looks like the stage 2 for the speed6 (dropped in height and short throws).

The 70d has actually been pulled from the shelves for some sort of manufacturing defect or some issue. Only the 88 is available at the time.

If you go with the 88d you'll rattle the fillings out of your teeth.

As for the SS, I love it. So easy to drive, requires next to nothing to shift it. Plan on taking about 90 minutes to install, and when you put the new upper shaft in, an extra set of hands helps out alot.

Well I have driven a friend's red speed3 with the 88D on their car. I noticed nothing different compared to mine really. so I was actually considering it for mine. (shrug)

thanks for letting me know about the extra set of hands :D

I have 30k on mine...no problems what so ever, except the recalls. I do wanna get some mounts, tho i needs monies.

Back