07 MS3 GT with Nav New Head Unit Question

billyrohm

If I install a new headunit will I lose the Navigation lady, if so is there a way to keep her?

Last edited:
You have to run your front left speaker wire through the NAV unit like the stocker. When she (I call her Nancy) wants to talk, the speaker is interrupted and she takes over. By the way, it looks like with/without Bose makes a difference. With the Bose, the NAV puts out line level audio, without the Bose, it puts out speaker level.

You have to run your front left speaker wire through the NAV unit like the stocker. When she (I call her Nancy) wants to talk, the speaker is interrupted and she takes over. By the way, it looks like with/without Bose makes a difference. With the Bose, the NAV puts out line level audio, without the Bose, it puts out speaker level.

Does the "Lady" hook in between the head unit out and the amp or after the amp?

I guess from above its before the amp so how do I hook her up with the new deck?

Does the "Lady" hook in between the head unit out and the amp or after the amp?

I guess from above its before the amp so how do I hook her up with the new deck?
With the Bose, it is before the amp. Without it is after the amp.

So I have to figure out how to wire the lady into my RCAs. Hmmm
From this I guess you have the Bose.

From your head unit, the left front line signal goes to the NAV box, connector pins 1G (Violet wire) and 1E (Light Green wire). The connection from the NAV to the right front amp input comes from pins 1K (Violet wire) and 1I (Light Green wire).

From your head unit, the left front line signal goes to the NAV box, connector pins 1G (Violet wire) and 1E (Light Green wire). The connection from the NAV to the right front amp input comes from pins 1K (Violet wire) and 1I (Light Green wire).

So if I wanted to make it easy, under the drivers seat are the wires coming from the Nav unit for the left front speaker, can I just splice those with some sort of splitter into the left speakers RCA?

Hi can this be integrated into our car so as not affect stock system

KOS-V500 http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/CarPortal™/KOS-V500

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=VPA-B222

Last edited:
So if I wanted to make it easy, under the drivers seat are the wires coming from the Nav unit for the left front speaker, can I just splice those with some sort of splitter into the left speakers RCA?
I am not sure I understand your question. The signal for the front left has to come from your HU, to the NAV box in the glove compartment, then to your amp.

I am not sure I understand your question. The signal for the front left has to come from your HU, to the NAV box in the glove compartment, then to your amp.

Okay, I thought that the nav box just gave an output, I didnt know that it also needed an input.

Back