Remote start setting off alarm system on a 2008 GT w/Navi

We purchased the factory remote start option for our 2008 GT w/Navi and it doesn't work! Okay, it does work, but it sets off the alarm every time. Took it to the local Mazda dealer and they said that its a known problem and they have no fix for it.

They said to turn off the alarm, then use the remote start...only problem is that the remote start works from 900ft and the alarm works from 10ft, simply not a good option. Does anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions? I figured that a factory option should work (although I believe this is installed at the port).

I have the same problem with my clifford 2 way too. Now I can't even use the alarm unless I use the key. It's the weirdest thing but I think it's a setting problem on your system.

I've had only one instance of the 'factory installed' remote start not working on my 08 GT (no navi). From what I've read on other forums 'extreme' cold weather (<-30) affects the remote start.
Other than that, the remote start has worked flawlessly.

From what I've read on other forums 'extreme' cold weather (<-30) affects the remote start.

(boom08), So that breaks the deal for people further north during Winter, that is the purpose of the remote start, innit?

OK, I'm outta here (inout)

on our previous car Honda Oddyssey, i installed Valet 561R Remote Stater,
when remote start functions, i should send "disarm" signal to factory alarm so that it will not go off, other wise, it triggers alarms.

since it was my first time installed RS, i just used quick line connector (plastic with metal teeth in it), and later i found out, all the lines needed to be tightly connected or it will cause RS a problem like setting off factory alarm.

i think, whoever intalled RS at dealer did a poor job and you should demand for recheck (of course under warrnaty) just my 2cents..

Back