Weird steering/suspension problem

speedblue88

:
2003 Laser Blue P5
Im having some sort of suspension/handling issue here and Ill do my best to try and describe what it is. Its kind of like a squeaking/popping sound that Ive been hearing for the past few days.happens when I hit a bump, and more often lately when I am braking. It seems to increase in repetition as I pick up speed, and it is very pronounced when I turn right. Im also getting some vibration inside the cab of the car when Im at highway cruising speed. The sound seems to be coming from the rear of the car, but Im not sure why turning right would make the sound more pronounced because the rear wheels do not turn obviously. Its driving me crazy!!!

This could be any number of things.

1.Check your struts, see if they're leaking fluid. My struts are shot in the front and I get the squeaking popping noise over bumps and it's really noisy after it's been cold then warms up.
2.Check your end links and see if they are loose etc. could partly be the imfamous clunk.
3.Check your rims, one or more might be bent on the inside lip giving you the vibration you feel, being winter and all this is very possible, believe I know!
4.Check your brakes and calipers if your pads are worn down or a calipers siezed you'll get the squeaking/eventually squealing and the vibration.

Back