Front turn signals

trbo3

:
Mazdaspeed 3
Has anyone replaced their front turn signals yet?

I really hate how if you are looking at the front lights you see (going from the Mazda emblem out) a clear circle, a clear circle, then an orange circle. I want all three lights to be clear.

I bought some chrome amber bulbs thinking that it would be a snap to replace them (it was on my Mazda 6), but it's not. If you look in the owner's manual it doesn't even tell you how to do it. It says that the process is so difficult that you should take it to the dealer.

I've already changed the back turn signals to chrome bulbs. It took about thirty seconds and it looks muuuuuch nicer in my opinion.

I'm just wondering if anyone has done it or if anyone has a repair manual that says how to do it.

I have done it, and without pulling the bumper. I just took my time and reached around stuff with finger tips to undo the bulb holders. Then reached in with a long-reach grabber tool (cheepo flex thing with a little claw on the end) to pull the socket & wire up where I could reach it. Replaced the bulb then maneuvered it back into place, twisting it back with finger tips. It was a PITA, but possible, took about 15 minutes.

Attachments

• Turn signal (Small).JPG
    Turn signal (Small).JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 228
i did it too without pulling the bumper...

just go from the fender liner... undo 3 screws and it will allow you to move it enough to get in there...

it wasnt that difficult. i tried the the sylvania suilverstars, but they gave it to much of a bluish tint during the day, so i decided to just go clear. they look awesome.

Back