1993 Mazda MX6 problem

NvMySi

Alright so my brothers car is popping out of reverse for some reason is that the tranny being toast? or something else? just wanted to know if he needs to replace his tranny or not. its a v6 klze motor.

check mounts also. they could be worn allowing the trans to move excessively. there is no synchros for reverse. the shift rod in the trans could be bent or loose and the lever for reverse gear could be loose or damaged. have u drained the fluid to see if any debris is in there. is there any noise from the trans. all the shifter cables good and not loose and worn?

broken fifth gear you broke a tooth and it's floating it's geting stuck in between the gears causing it to pop out of gear(screwy)or the synchro

I have a set of corksport cams, a j-spec exhaust and i belive a protege 3 intake ( i belive thats the one they sell for the mx-6) and i am trying to crank the car over, but to no resolve i did all the basic things like tdc and lining the cams up with the cyl head surface, but i cant get it to crank over. it shoots fireballs out the exhaust, after talking with some mechanics around here they siad i should degree my cams because they are more aggresive and it might be off a little. so my question is, to what degree shoudl the cams be set to, the manual says nothing about it.

Back