How-To: Install Cobb Springs + Impressions afterwards.

ty, guys...i'm going to take one more pic this weekend of the settled version of my springs in the same place as i took the "before" pic. it's actually pretty insane now, because i can't fit my jack under my car now without grabbing the car and shoving it upwards as i work it into the front jack point. it just BARELY too low! (bang)

ty, guys...i'm going to take one more pic this weekend of the settled version of my springs in the same place as i took the "before" pic. it's actually pretty insane now, because i can't fit my jack under my car now without grabbing the car and shoving it upwards as i work it into the front jack point. it just BARELY too low! (bang)

Sounds like the height is about perfect with your 16s thanks again

Got my springs in and ditto on what Sacrilicious said. I really don't notice too much of a difference in the firmness over the stock springs. It does handle though noticeably better. Did your springs settle a bit? How long did it take roughly?

Got my springs in and ditto on what Sacrilicious said. I really don't notice too much of a difference in the firmness over the stock springs. It does handle though noticeably better. Did your springs settle a bit? How long did it take roughly?

They're progressive rate springs, so they should be reasonably comfortable. Once that initial soft portion is taken up is where the increased firmness should be most noticeable, like going around corners, or over larger bumps.

it probably took a week or two before the car settled fully in the front...still in progress for the back...:x just roughly, i would say that the initial drop in the front was about 0.5" and after settling, it reached a full 1". for the back, i would say the initial drop was REALLY small, and after it all settled, it looks like i'm at about 0.5" drop or so? i am guessing my front end is fully settled, and the back end will slowly settle over the coming weeks.

i think i love it, and i'm definitely gonna stick with my FDs + 225/50/16 potenza re-01r! :D it's a whole lotta fun now...the car handles like a dream around corners and settles much better over undulating bumps! =d i would definitely say that this was the best $250 i've spent on the car so far....other than the motor mount...=d

Im gonna guess this would be the same write up youd use for the Eibach sportlines too right. Ill definitely have to get a camber kit for it though I do believe.

Great write up, looking forward to the settled pics. Might do this mod in a year or so.

Your wheels are nice. I've been wanting wider rims so I can get wider tires, actually. Stock 215 is kind of sissy. Do your 225's stick out of the fenders? 235's would be nice, but would they stick out of the fenders? Sorry if that's kind of off topic.

I would think you would need camber kit since the drop is so much I know northmiller is selling his sportlines.

Im gonna guess this would be the same write up youd use for the Eibach sportlines too right. Ill definitely have to get a camber kit for it though I do believe.

ya, it would be exactly the same for the eibach springs. you'd just have different colors up under the fenders...;o

Great write up, looking forward to the settled pics. Might do this mod in a year or so.

Your wheels are nice. I've been wanting wider rims so I can get wider tires, actually. Stock 215 is kind of sissy. Do your 225's stick out of the fenders? 235's would be nice, but would they stick out of the fenders? Sorry if that's kind of off topic.

hehe...ty...:D as for the tires, you should be able to fit 235s under there. my 225s don't stick out or rub against the fender, so i assume that if you used high offset (50+mm) wheels, you should be all set for 235s. i don't think i would recommend 235s on stock wheels, since they're really not wide enough, and you're starting to lose out on handling when you do that. it kinda defeats half the purpose of wider tires...=/

Thanks for the instructions. Just installed my Cobb springs in 3.5 hours by myself.

np, man. i'm glad that it worked out for you, cause i wasted soooo much time before doing that ghetto trick with the scissors jack. trusting the shop manual for this was a BAD idea, because their bright idea was: HIT IT WITH A HAMMER! (eekdance). ya, i'm NOT kidding about that...there was even a picture of a hammer held over the control arm of the front strut......

I did have to use a rubber hammer a little up front.....

ya, it helps to loosen things up, but the shop manual specifically said to just beat the crap out of the control arm until it came out...no additional advice...just smack it with the hammer! :D

Back