Coilovers??

JarHeadSpeed

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Since my tax return is on its way into my bank account I figured my next upgrade would be coilovers. I have read lots of stuff about many diffferent ones available for the MSP and would like to get some feedback from people that have experienced them first hand. My car is mainly a daily driver but I love the feel of a really stiff suspension so that wont bother me. Thanks

I have been thinking alot about those actually. How much of a difference is there between the FLTA1 and FLTA2? Besides about $600

I think one is 16 steps, the other 32 steps adjustments. And I think its inverted struts.

i have the JIC FLT-A2s and have them stiffest possible in the back and just on the stiff side of medium in the fronts.. they handle awesome but my gf hates riding in the car.. she says i need harnesses to hold her boobs down so she doesnt have to hold them.. haha

it is VERY rough but im used to it and cant stand the feeling of cushion and give in suspension now

^ you my friend need a set of TAKATA harnesses...just happen to know someone selling a set ;)

In my personal opinion, coilovers are wasted on street cars. If it was my money, I'd spend it elsewhere.

Sure. Why do you need gobs and gobs of adjustability in your suspension on a street car? Once you find a setting you like (or get tired of messing with it) and the novelty of having the adjustability wears off, you'll never touch the settings again. And adjusting the ride height will effect your toe settings- so that isn't too practical unless you are good with some toe-plates in your garage. So once you get them set, they are basically just the same as a normal strut. At least with a normal strut you're fat dumb and happy not knowing what the damping rate is. Coilovers do allow you to run some rediculously stiff springs- but for me, that gets old quickly on the street.

It's your money- spend it where you want.

Since my tax return is on its way into my bank account I figured my next upgrade would be coilovers. I have read lots of stuff about many diffferent ones available for the MSP and would like to get some feedback from people that have experienced them first hand. My car is mainly a daily driver but I love the feel of a really stiff suspension so that wont bother me. Thanks

we're looking to do a partial sponsorship on BC coilovers, pm me if interested

Back