DashHawk PIDs and Tips/Tricks

Ok, I just got my DashHawk (DH) and I'm a little frustrated!!!

I thought we could start a thread where we could dump all our DH knowledge and tricks specifically for our cars... (I know there is a DH Forum, but there is not much MS3 info there)

My question is, which PID is for Air/Fuel Ratio!!!!(bang)
There are 8 different O2 PIDs in DH along with 1 thru 8 volt sensors!!! (huh)

Which PIDs do you use/display?
Whats your set-up look like?
Splash screens, etc...(blah)

You get the picture... (2thumbs)

You need to download the latest software to get the afr that you're looking for. The unit ships with like version 2.0. Download 2.3beta8 from their technical forum site and you'll find EXACTLY what you're looking for. I know I was frustrated as hell until I downloaded the new software/firmware.

You need to download the latest software to get the afr that you're looking for. The unit ships with like version 2.0. Download 2.3beta8 from their technical forum site and you'll find EXACTLY what you're looking for. I know I was frustrated as hell until I downloaded the new software/firmware.
I downloaded firmware 2.3... There were alot of O2 pids!!!(hand)

It's under fuel and the label is OEM Wideband AFR #1 or something like that.

So I have to download the beta 8 software, not the one on the DashHawk support/download page...? Isn't Beta 8 still experimental?

And is this PID only found when connected to the car with key on or is it listed when using the software?

You go to their tech pages and find the 2.3beta8 thread. In it there is a file sharing site where you download the software. YOu have to completely uninstall the DH software from your computer before installing the new version. Once this is done, you flash your DH the the firmware that's included in the download.

I have beta7. I didn't see any listed benefit from 8 for the MS6 so I didn't bother. The beta versions are only experimental in that they don't have a complete list of pids for all cars and as new cars are figured out, they add several variables. When they get enough to qualify as a new version, they drop the version2.3beta8 and go with verstion 2.4 beta 1, etc. 2.3beta9 is supposed have lots of Mazdaspeed6/3 pids like knock sensors, and MAP IAT so I'll be getting that one...

So I have to download the beta 8 software, not the one on the DashHawk support/download page...? Isn't Beta 8 still experimental?

And is this PID only found when connected to the car with key on or is it listed when using the software?

You can find the WB o2 under the Fuel section in beta 6-8 in both the pc software and the unit.

Here is a mounting tip.

Bend the supply bracket just a little and mount the dashhawk right above the center vents at an angle. Sorry GT people, this won't work for you.

dashhawk.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Cool Kurt07, thanks!!! I'll post a picture of my mounting position..

Can anyone tell me the min and max that my air/fuel ratios should be at?
I would like to set an alarm when my air/fuel ratio goes too lean... I guess if it goes too rich its OK...?

Also just for personal info, I'd like to know where my air/fuel ratios should be at.

Thanks (2thumbs)

Nice. I give the guy three sets of instructions and he thanks Kurt for the cell phone pic...

Stoic is 14.7. The car should run that at while cruising and at idle. Coasting it'll hit something like 29.3 or 39.3 or something like that. WOT is where you want to watch it. Best afrs here are btw 11.5 and 12.5.

Nice. I give the guy three sets of instructions and he thanks Kurt for the cell phone pic...

Stoic is 14.7. The car should run that at while cruising and at idle. Coasting it'll hit something like 29.3 or 39.3 or something like that. WOT is where you want to watch it. Best afrs here are btw 11.5 and 12.5.

He doesnt have a stand back, so he will AFRs in the 10's

Ive got my setup in 6 sensor mode. After driving around with it for about a week, ive set it up like this:

AFR | Boost/Vac
DI Fuel Pressure | IAT Sensor
RPM | Commanded AFR

Other screens have other sensors and stuff, but this is what i chose as my main. I also did a 4 sensor setup with AFR/BOOST/IAT/RPM.

Im waiting for Ken to pull some more data for us on monday. Hopefully we will get more sensor data. Otherwise, im very happy with this device.

(silly) Sorry about that Dada, I didn't mean to not be appreciative of your help. I had woken up and not yet tried the instructions you posted when I posted last...

The instructions worked great!!! (2thumbs)
I now have A/Fs... Though, I was trying to keep an eye on them today and noticed they fall mostly in the 11s, but dipped a couple of times in the 10s and once in the 9s. What does all this mean???

I also noticed I have boost spike; 17s, 18s, 19s and the highest has been 20.6!!! But it mostly peaks at 18.??...
And this is not even with my new ETS TMIC waiting to be installed!!!
(nailbyt)

What should I do? Is this a dangerous condition?

Thanks guys and a special shout out to Dada for his awesome info on getting me A/F ratios!!! (2thumbs)

Ive got my setup in 6 sensor mode. After driving around with it for about a week, ive set it up like this:

AFR | Boost/Vac
DI Fuel Pressure | IAT Sensor
RPM | Commanded AFR

What is Commanded AFR?

Last edited:
(silly) Sorry about that Dada, I didn't mean to not be appreciative of your help. I had woken up and not yet tried the instructions you posted when I posted last...

The instructions worked great!!! (2thumbs)
I now have A/Fs... Though, I was trying to keep an eye on them today and noticed they fall mostly in the 11s, but dipped a couple of times in the 10s and once in the 9s. What does all this mean???

I also noticed I have boost spike; 17s, 18s, 19s and the highest has been 20.6!!! But it mostly peaks at 18.??...
And this is not even with my new ETS TMIC waiting to be installed!!!
(nailbyt)

What should I do? Is this a dangerous condition?

Thanks guys and a special shout out to Dada for his awesome info on getting me A/F ratios!!! (2thumbs)

What is Commanded AFR?

Your free breathing Downpipe is your boost spike. Turbo is spooling much faster now. Datalog a pass and upload it so we can look at it.

Here is a mounting tip.

Bend the supply bracket just a little and mount the dashhawk right above the center vents at an angle. Sorry GT people, this won't work for you.

dashhawk.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.

Why will this not work for GT folks? Due to the Navi? Not all GT's have that overpriced system!! lol

And yes Kurt, I need a beer also!

Why will this not work for GT folks? Due to the Navi? Not all GT's have that overpriced system!! lol

And yes Kurt, I need a beer also!

That is what I get for thinking. Ok then, it will work for the GT folks that don't have the Nav system.

What values do you put in for red, blue, and green to make the lcd match the stock lights?

Red - 100
Green - 1
Blue - 0
Contrast - 50

Your free breathing Downpipe is your boost spike. Turbo is spooling much faster now. Datalog a pass and upload it so we can look at it.

Which file do I upload...? The is a .log, .lnt, .Irp... I'm lost here... (huh)
Man this little device is amazing!!! (2thumbs)

I do hit some 10s and 9s on my A/F ratio readings in the high (6K) RPM range...

Back