Programming remote on Mazda 5

:
Mazda5, Acura 1.6EL
I just got a new remote and programmed it successfully. My question is, will this render the one that I lost useless. (actually got stolen along with my wife's purse). I have change the lock cylinder already, so the key portion won't work. If the old remote will still work, how do I reset and reprogram?

Thanks in Advance.

I just got a new remote and programmed it successfully. My question is, will this render the one that I lost useless. (actually got stolen along with my wife's purse). I have change the lock cylinder already, so the key portion won't work. If the old remote will still work, how do I reset and reprogram?

Thanks in Advance.

hey buddy....

Here it goes....

If you lost key and fob then you can have the key FOB (new one and old one) reprogramed.

The old key part which was stolen (but not the fob part) can still unlock the doors but can not start the car....

Can the key thing be reprogrammed so it unlocks ALL the doors when you push the button? I find it really annoying that it only does the driver's door unless I push the button repeatedly. (I know it's supposed to be one push, driver's only, 2 pushes all doors but it doesn't seem to work that way.) Maybe the batteries are dying in the remote or something.

I think the original remote won't work now. When you program the new remote (or a third one, which I've done), you need to have all the remotes with you. I think that's because essentially ALL of them get reprogrammed.

Back