Doing Turbo kit For the CX9 !!

Hi every body ,, i'm doing a custom made turbo kit for this car
but i got 1 proplem ,,
i dont know with ECU i Can use ??
just to open the speed limit and to make more fuel !!

Hi every body ,, i'm doing a custom made turbo kit for this car
but i got 1 proplem ,,
i dont know with ECU i Can use ??
just to open the speed limit and to make more fuel !!

i don't think there are any standalone ECU available in the market for the cx9... but you can go with megasquirt... or just add something like HKS AIC to control extra injectors, no control of the current injectors though

Turbo ?? lets first solve the 100mph (160 km) speed limiter first then think about adding a turbo!!

does any of you guys have a ECU Diagram for the CX-9 I'm planning to install the HKS SPD (Speed limit defencer)

I have the same issue as you "Qatar CX9"
I have a limit at 160MK which I have to remove no matter what.

Speed limiter on Cx9

The Cx9 US model has a speed limited at 192km/h, the Australian at 180km/h and the Middle East at 160km/h and it does look like many people are interested to get rid of this limitation. I have lost a battle with the local Qatari Mazda dealer who never mentioned that the speed was sealed at that level before he sold the car to me. I have been looking for a solution for the past 6 months but to no avail. The HKS piece of equipment is quoted frequently as a possible solution but nobody so far has succeeded to install one, any suggestion is most welcome

Thks(boom01)

Someone w/ technical knowledge should look into the possibility of porting the small twin turbos from Ford's EcoBoost to CX9's MZI 3.7L/3.5L engines (saved the DI part).

At least 50hp can be had.
Then, you will see CX9 doing 0-60mph in about 6.5sec.

Well I guess if you have gobs of cash you want to throw into this car to make it faster you can. Just keep in mind a speed3 with a few mods or a stock new Mustang 5.0 will crush you due to weight.

I am sure the said Mustang 5.0 will be very proud to beat my CX9 at the red lights,
He can go to his Mustang forum and brag about it... :cool:

Adding more power to your vehicles does not equal to street racing at the lights.
A more responsive vehicle is safer at some of the tight and short CA highway entrances.

That said, I think CX9 is powerful enough for the ways I used it.

Hello there,
As mentioned in all the posts, I am having this stupid 160km/hr speed limiter on mine in KSA as will.
The only company who said that they can program the ECU was chip point engineering in Sharjah UAE. (http://www.chippoint.net).

I am sure the said Mustang 5.0 will be very proud to beat my CX9 at the red lights,
He can go to his Mustang forum and brag about it... :cool:

Adding more power to your vehicles does not equal to street racing at the lights.
A more responsive vehicle is safer at some of the tight and short CA highway entrances.

That said, I think CX9 is powerful enough for the ways I used it.

Yah! why is it that whenever anyone talks about boosting HP for the engine "street racing" comes up. I don't believe any of us were stupid enought to buy the 9 with intentions on "street racing".

My 2 cents added, here in Italy there are some short merge lanes on the autostrada, and let me tell you a lot of times I have to bury the accelerator in order to merge safely and not be ground into the guard rail by grampa guido, and the 3 dudes behind him, who don't move over. Extra power for acceleration is always appreciated.

More speed for the Cx-9? Come on, it's an SUV. Even loaded with 5 people and their luggage I thought it had enough power when we drove it on a 15 hours road trip (roundtrip).

Back