Will Not Be Getting Another CX7

Status
Not open for further replies.
(omg) are you high??

I wish I were high, but unfortunately, I am not.

I just don't like crossovers... to me they are some sort of experiment made from a station wagon and a minivan. But my dislike is just based on looks. Other than looks I like the car.

BUT, it is my wife's car, she picked it out, she loves it, and that's all I care about.

If I were forced to buy a crossover for my own daily driver, it would probably be a CX7 GT just like my wife's but AWD and with the tech package. However if money were no object but still were forced to buy one, it would be a Cadillac SRX, Mercedes, or Audi.

But for now, my '01 XJ is paid for, and remarkably reliable, only been to the service department one time in 140,000 miles. I'm gonna keep it... 17mpg at even $6.00 per gallon is cheaper than a car payment or car purchase for a 10mpg improvement.

Last edited:
I bet you will be the only one to complain about the looks of the car. The CX7's aggressive sleek styling is one of the PLUSES that the car possess. Car and Driver, Motor Trend, etc gave it a good grade based on the looks. And again, because of its looks, its a head-turner. It is a nice feeling when you're stopped on a stoplight and you'll see almost everyone will at least gaze at your car. I know this, cuz I've experienced this a lot of times.

Well, its really a subjective matter. What will look good on most may not look good for you and vice versa. But this type of complaint is rare. just my 2 cents bud

The cosmetics of a vehicle our always personal taste. It's true Stoge would be in the minority if he doesn't like the look of the CX-7, but you can't force someone to like the styling. They either do or they don't. Personally I think most of the appearance mods I see posted here look ridiculous, but they seem to get tonnes of compliments, so I seem to be in the minority there. :)

It's true Stoge would be in the minority if he doesn't like the look of the CX-7, but you can't force someone to like the styling

I see what you're saying and I agree... but thats taking into consideration that this is a sub-forum of a Mazda forum. Had she wanted a Ford Edge, Lincoln, Murano,... etc, i still would have the same opinion about whatever crossover she bought.

I will say this, though, of all the crossovers that we looked at, the Mazda was one of the better looking ones IMO... but still doesn't keep me from seeing a station wagon every time I look at it. And the interior kicks just about anything else's butt.

On top of all of that, there's so much more to like about the car than just the looks. Its the best road trip car that I have ever been in. And I traded in a 2005 Tahoe LT 4X4 w/ autoride, rear air, leather, dvd, EATC, & navigation to get it. I'd drive a Mazdaspeed 3 until the wheels fell off, but even its looks aren't that great for me.

Mazda3, I'm with you on the appearance mods, most (all) of them are terrible.

Stoge, I'd be happy with 25,000 miles on a set of tires. I'm used to sports cars with summer tires at 8,000 miles of use. So I'll take 25k.

My lease is for 40,000 KM (24,860 miles) so if they're bald at the end of the lease that's perfect, the car dealership can deal with replacing them :D

Mazda3, I'm with you on the appearance mods, most (all) of them are terrible.

Stoge, I'd be happy with 25,000 miles on a set of tires. I'm used to sports cars with summer tires at 8,000 miles of use. So I'll take 25k.

My lease is for 40,000 KM (24,860 miles) so if they're bald at the end of the lease that's perfect, the car dealership can deal with replacing them :D

I don't know about your lease, but my lease states a minimum dread depth that the tires must be. If they aren't that depth I'm charged $1500. I can definitely replace the tires for less than that.

Just saying you might want to check on that.

I don't know about your lease, but my lease states a minimum dread depth that the tires must be. If they aren't that depth I'm charged $1500. I can definitely replace the tires for less than that.

Just saying you might want to check on that.

Its the same up here man. Mazda leasing is the same as any leasing, when the vehicle goes back has to be in resale state with minimal expenses.

I have this neat option on my lease where I can turn it in with a cracked windshield, bald tires, rock chips, dings, scratches, etc. and they don't charge me anything.

It cost about $28 a month to do, so I figured for $670~ it was completely worth it. Just tires alone would have exceeded that amount.

I've done this in the past on other vehicles, completely worth it. I turned in an '04 F-150 with nearly bald tires and a cracked windshield... no further cost to me. Ford called it a "red carpet lease." - I'm not sure what it's called on the Mazda.

Last edited:
i bought my GT front wheel drive last monday...i do more highway than city...about 80/20..and i got 22.3 mpg first tank and i have 220+ and i have not yet reached my half way mark...i dont know what's wrong with your or if you do alot of city stoplight to stoplight driving

I have this neat option on my lease where I can turn it in with a cracked windshield, bald tires, rock chips, dings, scratches, etc. and they don't charge me anything.

It cost about $28 a month to do, so I figured for $670~ it was completely worth it. Just tires alone would have exceeded that amount.

I've done this in the past on other vehicles, completely worth it. I turned in an '04 F-150 with nearly bald tires and a cracked windshield... no further cost to me. Ford called it a "red carpet lease." - I'm not sure what it's called on the Mazda.

I believe Mazda calls it Wearcare. Covers up to $3500 in damage.

It's called "Infymus take it and whine" lease

I understand that some of you are tired of the negatives posts, but Infymus has not launched any personal attacks on anyone that I'm awhere of, so lets stop with the personal attacks. This is the last warning for all those involved, infractions will be issued if this continues.

CX-7 owners are supposed to be the mature ones on the forum. :)

Indeed, it's not like he's bashing other people, he's just bitching about his CX-7. I've done plenty of bitching about my piece of s*** CX-7 too.

I just don't think complaining about gas mileage is remotely plausible, its an AWD 4,000 lb turbo SUV.

Sure, I'd be pissed if the gas mileage in a Prius was 20% less than I expected it to be, but people usually buy a Prius in the idea that it should get good mileage, where-as a 4,000 lb turbo SUV owner has absolutely no right to b****.

Plus anyone that actually takes EPA figures at face value is just being silly or naive. There are way too many variables that affect gas mileage.

I understand that some of you are tired of the negatives posts, but Infymus has not launched any personal attacks on anyone that I'm awhere of, so lets stop with the personal attacks. This is the last warning for all those involved, infractions will be issued if this continues.

CX-7 owners are supposed to be the mature ones on the forum. :)

(werd)

Wow, I go away and look at all the buzz about me.

/Bows.

Thanks guys.

And the CX7 is still a piece of s***.

Looks like everyone has had their say and the usefullness of this thread has now expired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back