Paint on hood bubbling and flaking!?

Fetish

My lovely new-ish (to me) 2003 P5 has started to show some major bubbling and flaking on it's pretty blue hood. I saw this same thing with my Honda when she started to overheat regularly, but my P5 has been running perfectly and shows no signs of running hotter on the temp gauge.

After buying her in July, I noticed that the hood had a LOT of swirl marks in the paint. I started noticing some light discoloring in late Oct/early November. In early December, I took her through a car wash and looked at the hood only to see some spots where the paint had come off. it's gotten progressively worse since then.

I drive my P5 about 100 miles a day each day for work - but I don't think this would affect this? I tend to drive pretty "spiritedly" as well.

If the car's not overheating, what could be causing this? The center is lightly discolored but most of the bubbling and flaking is on the driver's side 1/3 of the hood with light bubbling on the passenger side's 1/3.

How much could I expect to pay for a new hood? I hate how this looks :(

Seems like a bad touch up job... I have the same problem on on the passenger side (hood and fendor).

Just have the hood repainted (600 - 1k) or just buy a CF one

Back