HOW TO: Install Boost Gauge into Drivers Vent

Looks the same as mine. Per the owner's manual, I accessed it via a removable panel under the passenger-side dash and a couple of knobs you turn so it drops down.

I noticed this panel, but I didnt think you could access the top side of the fuse assembly without taking out the box-- but apparently to you can!

How would you go about fitting a 52mm boost gauge into the vent? What would you fill the space between the gauge and the vent?

I'm having my Defi gauge installed as I type. Shop is doing an excellent job. A bit more work to get the gauge to center properly in the vent hole but I know they will do an excellent job.

Will post up pics when its completed.

Ok here are the pics...

DSC01769.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

DSC01759.jpg

DSC01757.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

DSC01771.jpg

DSC01774.jpg

I installed mine into the drivers vent and didnt remove the dash at all, running piggy back off of the dcs connecter under the vent and the boost sender is running off of the ignition fuse (i think its the ignition, might have to double check) under the hood. I have the prosport gauge. which doesnt need the controller, but even then, there has to be another way to power that thing.
nice job tho.

Did you use Add-a-Fuse Minis?

no, this how to didnt say anything about add a fuse minis. anyhow, i got it to work. All i did was snipped some of the fuse taps so it would fit into the slots along with the fuse. And btw, i accessed the fuse box from below as one of the members here said. but i removed the glove box anyways, I took it out several times before so it's easy for me now. That way i have more room to work with. Thanks to all who contributed. I got the prosport. it works great and it matched the dash light great. I'm using the red.

the fuse taps i got from radio shack wouldnt fit in the fuse slot. what gives?

They are tight, but they fit. I used pliers to 'crush' the fuse tap over the fuse and then used steady even pressure to push it into the slot. It does make the fuse a bit thicker, but it should slide in with patience.

Back