Looking to buy, want opinons/reviews...

I am looking at a 2001 Protg MP3 and would greatly appreciate your opinions on the vehicle. It has 84,210 miles on it. I previously had a '99 Camry but it got totaled so I'm getting a new (used) car.

I know of some occasional issues regarding the MP3, the EGR valve passage problem, the Feb '01 recall for brake hoses, some people have commented that engine noise get's louder above 60 MPH. Have you experienced these issues and/or any others, how serious and costly have they been?

I am not getting into this or any other car for performance reasons, the fact that it is underpowered is not a huge concern to me. I do need a car that is reliable and doesn't brake down a lot and that is the opinion that I would appreciate from anyone that currently owns one. I have always wanted to get a Mazda, especially the Protg line.

I know regular maintenance is the biggest help to keeping a car running smooth for long periods of time. Do you have any maintenance recommendations beyond Mazda's? Also, is there anything in particular that I should have a mechanic look at before purchasing?

Thank you.
davID

Latest posts

Back