Rear view mirror question help?? Install question

I have a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring with plain rear view mirror and rain sensor auto wipers.

I want to upgrade the mirror to auto dimm + compass (no homelink needed). The dlr ordered the mirror, but it says FOR NON-RAIN SENSOR Mazda 3.

Will this make a difference?? A mirror install is just that right??

AND HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE LITTLE BLACK BOX SURROUNDING THE MIRROR THAT HOLDS THE RAIN SENSOR?? You have to take that off to remove the mirror and Im afraid I might just smash it in the process.

All input appreciated. thanks

I have a 2008 Mazdaspeed 3 Grand Touring with plain rear view mirror and rain sensor auto wipers.

I want to upgrade the mirror to auto dimm + compass (no homelink needed). The dlr ordered the mirror, but it says FOR NON-RAIN SENSOR Mazda 3.

Will this make a difference?? A mirror install is just that right??

AND HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE LITTLE BLACK BOX SURROUNDING THE MIRROR THAT HOLDS THE RAIN SENSOR?? You have to take that off to remove the mirror and Im afraid I might just smash it in the process.

All input appreciated. thanks
1) Yes, the mirror type matters. Get the dealer to send it back and get the correct one.

2) The instructions that (should) come with the mirror tell you how to get the box off. Basically, you just pry; you don't need it again because a new one comes with the mirror. You just have to be careful not to damage the rain sensor.

1) Yes, the mirror type matters. Get the dealer to send it back and get the correct one.

2) The instructions that (should) come with the mirror tell you how to get the box off. Basically, you just pry; you don't need it again because a new one comes with the mirror. You just have to be careful not to damage the rain sensor.

Where do you pry? Does anyone have pictures of how this box is attached?

Back