BMW Courtesy Lights on door Handles MUCH BETTER VIDEO UP

07LiquidCX7

:
2007 Mazda CX-7 Sport Pckg
Well guys here's the video I promised of the courtesy lights. This one is MUCH better and you can actually tell what is going on and how it looks in person. I've done this to numerous vehicles now, but so far the wife's CX7 is the only one with them. Next on the list is my "new" 1991 BMW 318is that I just bought. LOL it will definitely be the oldest car with door handle courtesy lights.

youTube Video 2

Thats pretty nice...Care to share a bit more info on the install or parts used?

They are low angle, "super bright" LED's with 55000mcd brightness that I buy off of ebay from Hong Kong. They come with the appropriate resistors for 12v. I can dig up ebay seller name if wanted. I buy a shiteload of them all the time for different projects and of course orders that ppl have for the lights that I sell.

As for the install... don't expect a write up on this particular mod. It takes about 9 hours and you have to run over 60 ft of wire. Also requires drilling, and grinding on your new CX7. The wife couldn't even be near when I was doing this mod to her baby. Thanks for all the compliments.

I'll help anyone who wants to try this by guiding them... but I can't go through every step on this particular mod. 1 I didn't take any pics, and 2 there are probably 100 steps to this. Plus soldering and all that good stuff. :)

They are low angle, "super bright" LED's with 55000mcd brightness that I buy off of ebay from Hong Kong. They come with the appropriate resistors for 12v. I can dig up ebay seller name if wanted. I buy a shiteload of them all the time for different projects and of course orders that ppl have for the lights that I sell.

As for the install... don't expect a write up on this particular mod. It takes about 9 hours and you have to run over 60 ft of wire. Also requires drilling, and grinding on your new CX7. The wife couldn't even be near when I was doing this mod to her baby. Thanks for all the compliments.

I'll help anyone who wants to try this by guiding them... but I can't go through every step on this particular mod. 1 I didn't take any pics, and 2 there are probably 100 steps to this. Plus soldering and all that good stuff. :)

Totally understandable. I would like to try it on the protege. Can you give me the guys name on ebay? Thanks!

i give you much props on the light mods you are doing. the handle lights looks great. wish i had the time and the patience to do such on my car:(

^Thanks everyone for the compliments. I enjoy doing the lighting mods, and all mods really. But the lighting ones especially because I really enjoy automotive electronics. LOL if I was an electrical engineer who could solder on PCBs you guys would see me doing some crazy stuff..... ;)

Awesome Job!!!! I like all of the lighting mods: Fog Log LED's, Turn Signal, and the Courtesy door lights!!

I'm totally in awe!

Thanks for sharing!!

looks like one. you notice the bright spot on the driver door handle closer to the front of the car, but I could be wrong.

this looks really nice. my hat goes of to you my good man.

Yes, sorry didn't see this, it is just one 5mm bulb drilled and mounted in the door handle. Disassembled the whole mechanism so I could hide all the wires and the bulb itself.

Again everyone thanks for the compliments. I was supposed to do this for a local forum member after I did it to mine, but haven't heard back from them... lol no biggie, saved me 10 hours of work.

I saw that you have the led mirrors, does the cx-7 came with the wirring in place for that, or did you wired yourself?

I saw that you have the led mirrors, does the cx-7 came with the wirring in place for that, or did you wired yourself?

Nope, you have to run the wiring yourself. The mirrors on my car aren't the OEM LED mirrors (mine are custom made), and aren't wired the same either. I custom wired mine to be both parking lights and signal lights. Normally LED mirrors are only signal lights.

Nope, you have to run the wiring yourself. The mirrors on my car aren't the OEM LED mirrors (mine are custom made), and aren't wired the same either. I custom wired mine to be both parking lights and signal lights. Normally LED mirrors are only signal lights.

I'm going to have to come find you for all this. I'm in Austin. Was going crazy looking for LED mirrors on the internet. But those door handle are great.

I'm going to have to come find you for all this. I'm in Austin. Was going crazy looking for LED mirrors on the internet. But those door handle are great.

Let me know... I can definitely hook you up. Mirrors maybe not though. The body shop guy who did mine quit, and I haven't been able to find a replacement.

Thanks for the compliments. :)

Back