What have you done to your MP3 today???

^Welcome! The "search" button will be your friend in this place as ANYTHING that can be discussed about our cars, surely already has.
There's a sticky at the top of this section - albeit a little outdated - in terms of what you can do to mod your ride.

Enjoy your stay

I clayed my car on Sunday. if you ever notice little surface rust, almost like little pin heads everywhere, usualy due to the break dust (or in my case because of leaving my breaks grind metal on metal) or any other crap that is stuck on real good this method works extreamaly well. You simply have to "scrub" your car with this clay bar and some detailing agent (for lube) and it easaly takes off any contaminants off the surface.

I had to do lots of research to find this, it does not seem to be very common. but it's WAY easier then wet sanding your car!! haha and less dangerous.

All in all, my car now has not rust specks, and the pain is as smooth as it was comming out of the factory. The shine is also way better.

Washed her, inside and out, including the engine bay. Put on some decals, and installed some LEDs (rear plate and trunk) and chrome bulbs.

I clayed my car on Sunday. if you ever notice little surface rust, almost like little pin heads everywhere, usualy due to the break dust (or in my case because of leaving my breaks grind metal on metal) or any other crap that is stuck on real good this method works extreamaly well. You simply have to "scrub" your car with this clay bar and some detailing agent (for lube) and it easaly takes off any contaminants off the surface.

Also commonly called "raildust". If you want more info, come join our local boards...seriously. We have a detailing guru on there who will prevent you from having to do that much research ;)

I guess.... but one board is good enough for me.. I got too much s*** to remember anyways..

It only really took me like a hour. hahahaha

mgs freak can u feel any difference with ur cf hood and truck?

Between my hood and truck? Yeah, the truck is A LOT heavier. lol Sorry couldn't resist.

No, I don't notice a difference in performance, but I also kinda offset the weight savings by getting a subwoofer too. I DO get a lot more looks on the street though and comments about how good they look. Everyone wants to touch it.

Last edited:
Installed Mazdaspeed struts & springs, AXR front endlinks (prototypes), GTspec lateral arms and strut bar!

I sold mine this weekend. . .so I gave her a new home. At least it was to a previous MP3 owner, so she's in good hands.

I sold mine this weekend. . .so I gave her a new home. At least it was to a previous MP3 owner, so she's in good hands.

Man, you sure didn't own that very long. I remember you bought the one I was hoping to get. Glad you did though, cause then I found one closer a few weeks later.

Man, you sure didn't own that very long. I remember you bought the one I was hoping to get. Glad you did though, cause then I found one closer a few weeks later.

I had it for 19 months and put nearly 36k on it in that time (92k - 128k) and the reason I went with another Mazda is that in those 36k miles, 95% highway I didn't have a single break down or non-maintenance issue with that car.

great day for an oil change

mini-oilchange001.jpg

mini-oilchange002.jpg

clunkity clunk/squeak fix
mini-oilchange003.jpg

mini-oilchange004.jpg

i hate bugs. they never come off but i bought a bug remover last night that im gonna try

mini-oilchange006.jpg

mini-oilchange007.jpg

i hope you dont get under your car with just the hydraulic jack holding it up...thats probably the worst thing you could do

nope. too paranoid for that. i got a block of wood on the back wheel on the driver side and i normally put a jackstand on the passenger side but my dad just threw them away recently -shrugs-

trust me, i dont trust that jack. not a fan of becoming a pancake :)

removed bugs, washed&dried, quick detailer :)

mini-joydiv1.jpg

mini-joydiv3.jpg

mini-joydiv4.jpg

mini-joydiv5.jpg

mini-joydiv6.jpg

mini-joydiv7.jpg

mini-joydiv9.jpg

mini-joydiv10.jpg

mini-joydiv8.jpg

Last edited:
Tried installing my Nyloil bushings (the SMALL ones which are near the transmission case), but could not get the damn bolt out. Tried banging away at it - although I had no leverage since I have such a small jack and can't lift the car very much - but only managed to damage the threads at the tip, so if/whenever I get it out, I'll need to re-thread it or get a new one.
Gah!

323 your car looks SOOO nice. I really fell in love with yellow for the MP3s. I never see them and yours is just beyond clean. You've done a great job at keeping up with it. Got any engine shots?

haha engine got kinda dusty and i havent cleaned it yet so nope. its all stock anyway.

i like blue. lets trade :)

Back