What have you done to your MP3 today???

zoomin MP3

Contributor
:
Blue MP3/06 MPV
I noticed the P5 and MSP guys have this thread and it seems pretty popular. We've seen some more activity here in the MP3 section lately so I'm making a copycat thread. It's kinda like the "what's your next mod" thread, but hopefully we'll have more regular posting in this one.

I just bought an evo style CF hood and OEM CF decklid this past weekend. Installed the hood last night and will be installing the decklid this morning. Also, about two weeks ago I installed a billet aluminum upper grille from D_Roc. I'll be refining my mounting brackets today and hopefully installing the Medieval ADP. I'll post pics tonight.

Pics of my newest investment.

Attachments

• Estes Park 07 002.jpg
    Estes Park 07 002.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 627
  • Estes Park 07 003.jpg
    Estes Park 07 003.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 662
Sweet man. I picked up those Tein S-Tech springs that guy was selling. $50.

Does your trunk fly open now if you aren't expecting it?

Removed another 6inches of snow off of it (we've already gotten roughly 6feet of snowfall in Ottawa)

vacumed out the floormats and carpets and seats today. Also bought some flat black universal touch up paint for some chips on the window trim pieces. Oh and gave her a fresh tank of gas.

Does your trunk fly open now if you aren't expecting it?

No, I had the weight difference in mind when I did the swap, so I removed both of the torsion bars. That was a little scary (almost cracked my head open when I got the first one off). I think I'll try and bend them a little to weaken the force, but for now they're just sitting in my garage.

Nice pics of the hood and trunk... I wish I never would have spent money on looks and just stuck to the go section. But def a plus for what you've done so far.

I took my MP3 for a nice long drive around the city the other day. I live less than 2 miles from where I work, so I feel bad for it. I start it up, don't even let it get fully warm, and then shut it off for 9 hrs. Just gotta make sure it knows I still love it.

HAHA...I pushed her too hard but she knews it's cause I loved her. She's dead now. LOL Possible bent rod/spun bearing.

Installed a MS carbon-like rear plate cover, replaced my eBay MS oil cap with a real Miata MS oil cap, velcroed my MS shoulder pads, stripped the screws on my pedals when trying to install my MS pedals, put on the Mazda bra I bought last fall, adjusted my headlights, and put in some chrome-dipped rear signal bulbs. Before and after results of the latter:

Before_After_ChromeBulbs.jpg

Culridr... Did i read correctly? you put a braw on the car!? Just so you know thoes are HORIBLE for the paint!! not to mention they gather moisture and will rust your hood right out.

Well the front bumper is already FUBAR in terms of paint so I couldn't care less (plus the bumper can't rust). As for the hood, that part I didn't know. I'll take a look tonight and see if it really does hold that much moisture. I will put that part on during long highway runs in the summer though to avoid MORE rock chips on the hood.

Thanks for the heads up as I'd never heard that before.

I'm just speaking of experiance man.. I had one on my grand am, on the highways it would sometimes flap when i passed a truck slaping against my hood, I wanted to take it off but the hood was almost rusted right trough!! so I just said **** it and left it there hahahaha at that point it looked better.

Back