Check Engine light and Battery Light

whiteonblack3

:
04 Mazda 3
Alright so my car wouldnt hold a charge on the battery so i purchased a new battery. after i installed the new battery everytime i would come to a stop the car would start to surge. the rpms would drop and my lights would dim. but at this point the engine and battery light werent on yet. so i went back to the store had them check the altenator and they said that it should be charging at 90 volts but it was charging at almost 180. so because the car was still under warrenty i called dennis dillon and set up an app. the next day i was driving the car and thats when the battery light came on. still no engine. later that night when i was leaving the familys house is when the engine light came on. so i took it to the stealership and they said that those too lights where on because a wire for my MAS was off and basicly just fixed the wire and it solved the problem. my gas milage is back up and no problems so far.

Has any one heard of the MAS being disconnected causing the alternator to over charge???? I thought it was a little weird.

thanks for the help

MAS being disconnected will not cause the alternator to overcharge.... how many miles do you have on your car and did you buy it new... If new and within so many miles/time you shouldnt have to pay for the new battery and dealer should run diagnostics on alternator and determine how its behaving...

The only way I see the MAS wire affecting alternator/battery is if it was not disconnected but rather the harness to it was shorting somehow causing problems with the electrical system... seems like a long shot to me

MAS being disconnected will not cause the alternator to overcharge.... how many miles do you have on your car and did you buy it new... If new and within so many miles/time you shouldnt have to pay for the new battery and dealer should run diagnostics on alternator and determine how its behaving...

The only way I see the MAS wire affecting alternator/battery is if it was not disconnected but rather the harness to it was shorting somehow causing problems with the electrical system... seems like a long shot to me

the car has 43000 miles on it but the engine was replaced 15000 ago. so the motor has only about 15 on it. but they said that one of the wire came loose not the actual plug. but since they fixed it i havent had any other problems with it so far. knock on wood. i was just wondering if anybody else has heard of this

Back