Four states to insert RFID chips in driver's licenses

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring

Just because you have an RFID chip in your driver's license doesn't mean the authorities are watching you; it simply means they can if they want, whenever they want. Arizona, Michigan, Vermont, and Washington will be the first states to begin placing the radio frequency identification chips in their citizens' licenses.

The chips don't need to be physically read by someone scanning your license -- they can be read by monitors within a 30-foot range. Information contained will include name, DOB, physical characteristics, and a private identity number that will allow access to further information stored in the state's DMV database. One good thing about the enhanced ID's: travelers will be able to cross the border without a passport as of January 2009.

The Department of Homeland Security is in favor of the program, promoting it under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Said a DHS fact sheet, "Multiple cards can be read at a distance and simultaneously with vicinity RFID technology, allowing an entire car full of people to be processed at once."[/FONT] Motorists won't be compelled to use an enhanced ID, however -- in the beginning, it will be by voluntary issue only.

the extended range is a bad thing. if it was short range i'd be all for it but 30 feet away? that means anyone within 30 feet of you can know who you are and that other info about you, whether for good or bad uses

the extended range is a bad thing. if it was short range i'd be all for it but 30 feet away? that means anyone within 30 feet of you can know who you are and that other info about you, whether for good or bad uses

Troof. It's only a matter of time before somebody figures out how to hack this system and start stealing a lot of people's identities.

Put a magnet on top of the transmitter. Or steel someone else's liscense and let the fun begin.

One more "security" measure which is nothing more then an invasion of privacy and a complete lack of any rational purpose.

Just Another bulls*** from the Goverment, They don't know what to do with their free time.I swear everything they do and have done its pure garbage and bulls*** !!!!

Looks like it'll be time for a lead jacket to keep it in once this becomes mandatory everywhere.

Just Another bulls*** from the Goverment, They don't know what to do with their free time.I swear everything they do and have done its pure garbage and bulls*** !!!!
None of that goes on in the Spanish government? Yes, it goes on everywhere. Good thing you moved away from this bulls*** so you can take part in a completely different pile of bulls***. Good luck with that.

Unfortunately this is just the beginning. and its just part of the big picture.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T74VA3xU0EA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T74VA3xU0EA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Unfortunately this is just the beginning. and its just part of the big picture.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T74VA3xU0EA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T74VA3xU0EA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

LOL, that's old news. The Fed's have been planning this for 20 yrs or so. It's not just Bush. Clinton signed the first faze with NAFTA. Have you heard of transtexascorridor?
http://transtexascorridor.blogspot.com/

If you look at all of the major shipping docks in the US an BIG majority of them have shut down and moved to Mexico. This corridor WILL go though, it will connect Mexico to Canada. We WILL all be one big happy family!!!!!:rolleyes:

Yeah I know its old news. It just sucks. Make the Rich richer, poor poorer. I've been down that rabbit hhole, and nothing good is there. So I've stopped and now I'm just gonna go about my life oblivious to what is around me, like 99% percent of the world. Its a happier life

eh, it feels like u are OWNED ...kinda like no privacy s***, i like the idea, but not on licenses. If anything, they should make a tatoo on newborn babies, kinda like a barcode, the one on (HITMAN GAME ) type of tatoo, where u just get scanned wherever u go ;)

Yeah I know its old news. It just sucks. Make the Rich richer, poor poorer. I've been down that rabbit hhole, and nothing good is there. So I've stopped and now I'm just gonna go about my life oblivious to what is around me, like 99% percent of the world. Its a happier life

Ignorance is bliss (first)

I think There is lots of people that are watching too much Hollywood movies.. I mean, its annoying how the government wants to control everyone and wants more security, its like a ******* Obsecion.. they should take care of their citizens giving them Medical Assistant, more benefits and a more oportunities to grow and a descent salaries than planning to be the best with weapons and security, they should invest all of that money and time to positive s*** for the people inside United States. im tire of these war and security bulls***, its priceless to live in a Country where none of these s*** exist, where you don't turn the TV on and you see the same s*** everyday, Inmigration, national Security, Castro, Chavez, and War, Irak Etc you know. I don't have anything against nobody, and much less i like to talk about politics and presidents and all of the bulls*** that these involves, these is just my opinion !!!

Last edited:
Back