Advanced Keyless Entry: beep beep - beep beep - beep beep...

:
SOLD 2002 Protege5; Current 2008 CX-9 Grand Touring
I have a 2008 CX-9 GT and when I return home I have twice gotten a series of rapid beeps when I try to lock the doors either using the remote or the door buttons. Today, it happened after I closed the liftgate and used the remote to lock the car. The other time, I was pressing the external buttons on the handles.

The first time it was solved by closing the liftgate again.

Today, that did not solve the problem, so I opened and closed all the other doors, each time trying to relock the car. Same rapid beeps. I waited 15 minutes and tried the remote again and it locked properly.

Has anyone experienced the rapid beeps and found any reasoning?

ZoomFive

I get that sound if I try to lock the car before the door or the liftgate is actually closed.
Maybe you have a bad door sensor so it can't detect the door is closed...
Just a quick thought.

Mine does that at times, and so does my C6 Corvette. It believe the cause is the vehicle thinks the fob is still in the car.

I was thinking that it could be either of those.

In regards to the door sensors... I checked that each door activated the internal light when opened and then shut off when I closed. Is it the same switch/sensor that the keyless works on?

If it is the car still thinking the key is in the car thing, then that is just plain annoying. I guess it is a range versus safety thing.

I'll continue to monitor.

Thanks.

I never had a sensor problem with my 2007, however, my beeping problem was due to my wife dropping her FOB in car while riding with me. It took me an hour to find the thing as it was between the seat and the center console.

Last edited:
Whatever you do, don't lose it! My wife lost hers, and it's going to cost almost $300 to replace and program a new spare key!

I get the rapid beeps as soon as the last door closes after I start the car and then exit (with fob) - leaving it unlocked. I think I've also had the beeps in your situation; when trying to lock the car before all the doors are closed.

I get the rapid beeps as soon as the last door closes after I start the car and then exit (with fob) - leaving it unlocked. I think I've also had the beeps in your situation; when trying to lock the car before all the doors are closed.

It hasn't happened since I first posted this, but I guess it does think that the key is in the car. I will have to sit in the car and have someone press the button to lock from outside. We'll see if I get the same beeps.

It hasn't happened since I first posted this, but I guess it does think that the key is in the car. I will have to sit in the car and have someone press the button to lock from outside. We'll see if I get the same beeps.

If you have one fob in the car and you lock that car with another one - the car still locks with rapid beeps - also the fob in the car get immobilized - so anybody cant just walk to the car, open doors, and drive away...

Thanks guys my wifes CX9 was beeping every time she locked it, so I looked here and found the answer. She left the other key in the console.

Latest posts

Back