New 2008 MZ5 owner

Hi Blacktalon13
Just call the dealer today. Same story, Car at rail. anytime will be arrive Calgary.
I got same car as you, Same spec.

let me know when u picked up your car. so i'll know when i'll be expecting mine.. den i guess radiohead will be next... hahahaa

I called the dealer today and I've got quite a story. My car was a dealer exchange and the other dealer is in Laval near Montreal. So the car was supposedly taken off the train on December 29th in Laval and it will be shipped back to Ontario.

I hope they use one of those car transport otherwise it will be a semi-used new car by the time it gets to my local dealer.

What's an acceptable number of Kilometers on a new car?

I would say 100-300 kms is acceptable but obviously double check the car (engine) when doing the final acceptance just to make sure. If it has more kms than that ask for some freebies at least (what about some Mazda accessories or some free services?)

I'm sure the "brand new" car inter-dealer transfer is common for your dealer so they have a procedure to not get a teenager driver bringing it from Montreal at 162Km/hr.

Now, if it has 5000Kms, ask them to get it serviced before delivery at least (joking ;))

if the vehicle is in Laval.. they're not going to drive it down.. they have to ship it down... where's your dealer?

it really depend on the dealership. some dealership have not much parking space. so their new inventory is usually somewhere else.. i would say 100-200km is acceptable to me.. but if the car has like 500-1000km.. i'll freak out on them...

usually cars have 5-15km on the cars brand new, they do need to drive out of the factory.. into the boat.. on to the train, onto the lot...

My wife got her Crystal White Pearl, Sand Interior, 5AT tonight. Sweet ride. The auto is very smooth and the sand interior is very upscale looking.

Hi guys, we got a call from the dealer that the MZ5 GT will be ready to pick up on Friday. I just got back to Calgary and will pick her up tomorrow morning (Saturday). Hi blacktalon13, you must driving your GT right now. How do you feel??? Happy and enjoy???? Must be!!!!!
Thank you.

it's a very smooth ride... just find it a bit roughier ride due to the 17 inch rims.. hahahaha

i already got another mazda5 pull up beside me at a traffic light saying he likes the led tail light.. hahaha

Hi Guys,
Trade-in my Audi A6 and pick up the MZ5 GT yesterday . Love it so much. Already put 110Km today. My wife love it too. The Bluetooth is so easy to set up. The AT 5 speed as nice as a Audi A6
But you know what, just got a ticket today,driving 75km on a 50km Zone.$$$$150. Well !!!! Lovely car to own. will post up some photo.

congrat man.. i already got 250km on it since thrusday.. hahaha and i was working the last few days...

i just bought the mazda 5 door sill from ebay.. waiting for it to arrive...

gonna do a few things to the car... have to get it rust proof, the window tints and hids...

Here are some photo of the 2008 MZ5 GT

Attachments

• DSC02859.JPG
    DSC02859.JPG
    521.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC02861.JPG
    DSC02861.JPG
    552.3 KB · Views: 184
Hi blacktalon13

If you doing HID for your MZ5, please let me know. I would to know how you do it with DRL or how to wire.

Thank you

New owner of Mazda5 Grand Touring 2008.

Howdy everyone,

My wife is a proud new owner of Mazda5 Grand Touring. It is comfortable for her, and easy for the kid to get on and off the vehicle. Attached is a pic of it from this weekend:

I already ordered the cargo cover and rear bumper plate. The next project is to add a bit of sound insulation to see if I can quiet down the cabin even more.

Thugus.

Attachments

• CRW_7236-2_small2.jpg
    CRW_7236-2_small2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 202
nice colour, thugus, congrat on the purchase..

espirt... one of my friend is doing the hid for me.. i'm going to get the wiring diagram for the mazda 5 and mazda 3 with hid.. cuz the mazda 3 DRL is high beam.. he's going to help me re-wire it. so it's liek factory... he works at acura. so he's dealership quality... =P

Hi Andlind,

Yes I live in Calgary. We should get together some day.

Hi Blacktalon13,

Thank you. Please let me know how your HID will go.
I just don't understand that why Mazda don't switch the DRL to the high beam for the 2008 MZ5. All 2007 MZ car use Hight Beam for DRL(*not 2007 MZ5)???????!@##$

Back