225/45/18 tires = rubbing?

808mz5

:
Mazda 5
Is anyone running 225/45/18's? I did a test fit on my new rims mrr hr3's 7.5x18 48et and looks like there is little room in the back and there may be some rubbing issues?

I was planning to run 225/40's but am thinking of running 45's to fill the wheel well gap and hopefully have a better ride.

any one with 18's what size tires are you running and are you having rubbing issues? any help would be appreciated. (uhm)

I run a 225/35/18 on my P5 and they had rub untill I did a fender roll the 45s are even bigger. is your car lowered and what type of mazda is it my experience is only on a P5.

225/40/18 is the same diameter as the stock wheel and tire set-up. that's what's on my car. IMG_1256.JPG

225/45 R18 seem to be the size of the stock RX-8 wheels that some people have been running on their Mazda5's. Do any of the folks running RX-8 wheels have any input here?

You should post a photo I want to see those MMRs on a MZ5....Anyways I think it should work...you could always have a shop roll or trim your fenders....but if you're not dropped then I wouldn't see any problem...maybe on those rough 808 roads tho...(omg)

mocked the hrr

tilly... this one's for you... The rain didn't come today so I mocked the mrr rim... looks ok. all i'm worried about is looking like a 4x4. i'm thinking of going with the 225/45's to fill the wheel well more. 225/40's will be the same diameter as the stock tires... i also need to get a front lip to add to the look. i was going with the spliter from Bayson when i was sticking with the ms6 rims but it wouldn't look right with these rims.

Attachments

• DSC03282c.JPG
    DSC03282c.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC03281c.JPG
    DSC03281c.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 251
  • DSC03279c.JPG
    DSC03279c.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:
Looks great!!! I can't wait to get rims now....The full face makes them look bigger. Can't wait to see them all mounted I'm sure you won't look too lifted. I wanted to go 19's on mine, but kinda scared my wife will bend them, same reason I can't slam the Mazda5...anyways..thanks for the preview...
I would contact Simon directly on ebay for the lip. He has another front lip for the 5 he's not putting up on the Baysonr site. It's not too bad looking, he won't ship it to me cuz I'm in Cali, he wants me to pick it up, but maybe cuz you're in 808 he will ship it for you. Can't hurt to ask...good luck!

Attachments

• mazda5ds.jpg
    mazda5ds.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 282
I want to see these on there so bad!! Those wheels are going to look sweet! I love those and the Locksmice "Gerade" .. Not sure we can get the Locksmice in the states.

gerade%20polish.jpg

The closest I've seen is auto couture's...

Attachments

• autocouture.jpg
    autocouture.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 185
  • autocouture2.jpg
    autocouture2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 159
scored them off ebay.... a local company wanted $1280 just for the rims. I heard that they discontinued the 17" and 18" sizes. If you look at the MRR web site they only show the 20's.

I see.....I hope you don't mind if I bite off you....I'm in Cali so I'm sure our cars will never meet...but I went looking for those MRRs yesterday...found a pair of new 18s too...but still seeing if the guy will go lower on the price...otherwise I'm gonna have to wait and get something else, maybe I'll look for the HR2s...I decided 18s would be okay after seeing your pics. Doesn't look too small, so I think I'll be okay.(bow)

I want to see these on there so bad!! Those wheels are going to look sweet! I love those and the Locksmice "Gerade" .. Not sure we can get the Locksmice in the states.

gerade%20polish.jpg

I forgot, but EXE Wheels has a new rim out that looks similar, couldn't find a pic online, but I have it in one of my mags...(nana)

I see.....I hope you don't mind if I bite off you....I'm in Cali so I'm sure our cars will never meet...but I went looking for those MRRs yesterday...found a pair of new 18s too...but still seeing if the guy will go lower on the price...otherwise I'm gonna have to wait and get something else, maybe I'll look for the HR2s...I decided 18s would be okay after seeing your pics. Doesn't look too small, so I think I'll be okay.(bow)

I wanted to go with the Hr2's as well but couldn't find the right offset. They were +45 or +35.... GL with finding the rims....

Back