Next And Most Effective Mod?

carter1551

:
03 Mp5
Im looking for my next mod for A Little Extra Power Can you guys help me out??

Heres where Im at now.

Intake
Catback
High Flow Midpipe
UDP

Now most of you will suggest a header which is a great idea however Im not sure its worth the trouble as im here in california. Try to make other suggestions please!!

Last edited:
i'm in california and i have a headers, hi flow midpipe, and catback. from what i have been told my car is pretty damned loud too, no problems with cops yet, i think it has something to do with it being a wagon

midpipe would be my choice, sleeperish

*edit* i'll have my full exhaust for sale by mid january, maybe even earlier depending on when i get around to removing it.

i'm in california and i have a headers, hi flow midpipe, and catback. from what i have been told my car is pretty damned loud too, no problems with cops yet, i think it has something to do with it being a wagon

midpipe would be my choice, sleeperish

*edit* i'll have my full exhaust for sale by mid january, maybe even earlier depending on when i get around to removing it.

I already have a midpipe. Another reason I dont want to get a header is because of noise, and i can see you have that problem already

DOH! i didnt read your post thoroughly i thought that was a list of things you wanted LOL

i didnt notice much noise difference with my headers, it was the midpipe and catback that made it really loud.

are you looking for power or just anything effective?
what is your suspension like so far?

vtcs butterfly removal? its a bit of work and you'll need three gaskets which i have laying around the house LOL

Or the MP3 ECU (or do you have money for stand alone?)...

The VTCS-less mod is good, but not as noticable as a stand alone would be.

The VTCS-less mod is good, but not as noticable as a stand alone would be.

While I can't comment on the overall effect of the VTCS removal since I haven't installed mine yet (or "uninstalled" I guess), but it is certainly a good "ground work" type of mod that will just help with anything else you do.

check out "jamesk" has a thread about the single runner intake mani, its like doing VTCS only better cause its a diff mani. I myself want to do this mod, there are a couple other ppl with p5's here who have done this and they have nothing but good things to say about it!

header WOULD be the best, but your worred about sound, does your exhaust have silencer or could you get one that way you could use a header. And as for sound, a header just made mine a lil bit louder, it mostly made it sound deeper and rumbleyer(confused)(haha i made up a word).

i didnt realize how much louder my car was now with a header. i stood outside my car and revved it, and it was louder than i thought it was...

but its still not nearly as loud as other exhaust systems... and you cant deny the gains at all.

Im looking for my next mod for A Little Extra Power Can you guys help me out??

Heres where Im at now.

Intake
Catback
High Flow Midpipe
UDP

Good mods so far, do you have any sound clips of your setup? I'd be curious to hear how loud it is with that midpipe in there.

Good mods so far, do you have any sound clips of your setup? I'd be curious to hear how loud it is with that midpipe in there.

Ill maybe go out and make one this weekend. You can hear the dyno vid but the dyno kinda drowns out the cars sound. Lets put it this way. If you know how the racingbeat sounds. Then just imagine it even deeper.

IMO the header makes the most noise...drives me nuts but i smile at the same time...atleast i sound fast

Back