505 Intake Manifold COMPLETED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

505zoom

Breathe
:
2003 MSP #119
I didn't want to say too much about this until it is done, but more and more people have been asking about it. It's been in the design phase for 2 months, and is being worked on heavily this week. Here is the jist...

Plenum volume and runner size have been optimized with digital flow analysis.
All aluminum and much lighter than stock.
CNC velocity stacks.
Top notch welding.
Optional EGR.
Works with stock AND Perrin fuel rails.
Will be dyno tested vs the stock manifold.

This thread is strictly for information only, all GB and ordering info is in the following thread:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123699500

- From Concept to Production -

Original materials for mockup:

maniparts1.JPG

Plenum floor:

intakeprotomarch4.JPG

Rough dimensions mockup:

intakeprotomarch5.JPG

Fitment fine-tuning mockup:

2ndmockup1.JPG

2ndmockup3.JPG

Full working prototype:

DSC02122.jpg

DSC02175.jpg

DSC02258.jpg

Finished production piece:

DSC02663.jpg

DSC02665.jpg

DSC02714.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02671.jpg

DSC02675.jpg

DSC02679.jpg

Last edited:
sounds good! keep us updated. I'd also like to se if this offer any n/a gains . I currently have the 626 manifold on my n/a...only slight gains though...subscrizzle

cbr600rx7 said:
Do you have any idea on pricing yet?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Sorry..but you have to have a ballpark idea in mind.
You dont enter into something like this without considering that aspect....Period.

And I am very...VERY ..Interested.

Sorry..but you have to have a ballpark idea in mind.
You dont enter into something like this without considering that aspect....Period.

And I am very...VERY ..Interested.

Sorry let me rephrase, I have a ballpark idea, but am not going to share it at this time. I want to get the proto done and make sure nothing else comes up before I start talking about price. Only thing that I can say is that it will be more expensive than a new 626 manifold, but it won't be up in the AGP and Magnus 1k range.

Sorry let me rephrase, I have a ballpark idea, but am not going to share it at this time. I want to get the proto done and make sure nothing else comes up before I start talking about price. Only thing that I can say is that it will be more expensive than a new 626 manifold, but it won't be up in the AGP and Magnus 1k range.

Does Magnus make a manifold for the Protege?

sounds good! keep us updated. I'd also like to se if this offer any n/a gains . I currently have the 626 manifold on my n/a...only slight gains though...subscrizzle

+1. I realise that you have prolly haven't designed the intake manifold for N/A applications, but as djarkitek said it would be nice to see if there are any potential N/A gains to be had with this manifold.

Would you be able to say that it might be useful for N/A? Are you going to do some N/A testing to see if there is any benefit?

...Are you going to do some N/A testing to see if there is any benefit?

I won't rule it out, but to be honest, I am almost positive that the plenum would need to be redesigned for N/A. If the boosted one sells good, and enough interest is there for a N/A version, I will see what I can do. :)

interested...but will have to see the price ratio of this v. 626 v. steed speed and the ratio of that to the power gained per dollar

interested...but will have to see the price ratio of this v. 626 v. steed speed and the ratio of that to the power gained per dollar

I dont think Steed Speed even has a proto IM yet. So that would be a tough one to compare.

I won't rule it out, but to be honest, I am almost positive that the plenum would need to be redesigned for N/A. If the boosted one sells good, and enough interest is there for a N/A version, I will see what I can do. :)

Yeah, when we see the performance gains on the boosted manifold I guess we will be able to judge whether there will be the possibility of making an N/A manifold work. It will probably depend on sales too.

Will you doing a flow bench comparison of the stock manifold and the new one once the development is complete??

Keep up the good work. If one things for certain, its that our IM suck. Anything to improve intake flows would be great.

Cheers.

Yeah, when we see the performance gains on the boosted manifold I guess we will be able to judge whether there will be the possibility of making an N/A manifold work. It will probably depend on sales too.

Will you doing a flow bench comparison of the stock manifold and the new one once the development is complete??

Keep up the good work. If one things for certain, its that our IM suck. Anything to improve intake flows would be great.

Cheers.

There is no doubt that the new one will flow better than stock on the bench, but I will still look into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back