Locked the smart key in...HELP.

bigjoe871

My wife locked my 4 week old son in the CX9 today and could not open the door.

Claims she had the car started, put baby in back, bag (with smart key) in pax front, closed the door and as she walked around the front, the car shut off. Smart key was inside. Doors would not unlock with the external buttons, had to get the spare key and unlock.

Son is fine, I am aggravated as this is the second time this has happened (first time was without son in the car). Dealer says that autostart shuts down after ten minutes and locks all the doors.

Anyone know if the doors are not supposed to unlock from outside if the smart key is inside?

yes, the remote start shuts down after 10 min and locks the doors.

My guess is that you cannot unlock the car with the key inside is a 'safety feature'. for example if you were stopped at a traffic light with the doors locked, someone could not open them from the outside. I'd suggest first getting in the car and disabling the remote start before putting the child in the car.

Agreed

Yes, I agree that she shouldn't be doing things in the order she did them...but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Can this feature be programmed differently...like maybe arm the alarm but dont lock the doors when the autostart shuts down.

I don't get it? I've tryed to lock the doors and it will not let me if the smart key is inside. Even if one smart key is inside and the other is outside.

I've tried as well, and wasn't able to lock the doors with the keycard inside. But we don't have auto-lock enabled. It seems that the auto-lock programming allows the car to become locked with the keycard inside, at least on the original poster's vehicle.

I have the auto-lock feature enabled and no matter how I try I cannot lock my wife in the car. JK, it will not lock for me with my wife's key in her purse inside. It just beeps when I try and lock it with the second key in.

What I know is you can not lock the door from outside with smart key or door button if there is a key inside or the car's engine is running, except remote start can do that with car's engine is running. If you start by remote start and unlock the doors and you dont go in, it will be back locked after 10 minutes. If you open the door, it will not look automatically. So I am not sure why your wife can look your child inside. I will try this issue with my cx9 tomorow to see if it happens.

Just try this, get in the car with your smart key & don't start the engine...after 30 sec the car will go on safety mode & will lock all doors & safety on....even the smart card is inside the car you would be not able to start the engine....you have unlock the car & then start the engine......

Just try this, get in the car with your smart key & don't start the engine...after 30 sec the car will go on safety mode & will lock all doors & safety on....even the smart card is inside the car you would be not able to start the engine....you have unlock the car & then start the engine......

I tried to lock out myself as described above, but nothing happened. Neither when I was inside the car, nor when watched from outside.

2007 AWD, with auto lock feature (walk away and it locks automatically) disabled.

Back