Help! Gear Indicator Cover

Donas64

:
2002 MP5
Ever since we bought my wifes Automatic 2001 Protege, the plastic gear indicator has been broken leaving the green bulb exposed. The rest of the car is in great shape but I really want to fix this for her. Anyone know where I might be able to find this part cheaper than at the dealership. Any help wold be appreciated. Thanks.

so I called the local Mazda dealer and the part # is BL9A-64-350A. They quoted me a price of $144.95 cents!

W....T......H!!!!!

lol yeah, i got mine replaced by the dealer when we bought our P5...not cheap...

I didnt pay for it tho lol

Called a junkyard and they will see if they can find me the whole assembly for $40. I wonder if the assemblies for the 2001 protege and the 02 protege auto trans are the same. For the savings, I'm willing to take the chance.

I still can't believe $145 bucks for a flimsy peice of plastic.

Alright, putting one last call out there. I would appreciate an help in tracking down this part or buying it off someone who has extra or wrecked P5 or protege automatic. If anyone can help me fin online, I would be most appreciative as well. Part number is BL9A-64-350A

Thanks.

I looked it up on the Montgomery Mazda site for you (mazdapartsonline.com) .. but even their discounted price is $115.36 .. Augh.

I looked it up on the Montgomery Mazda site for you (mazdapartsonline.com) .. but even their discounted price is $115.36 .. Augh.

I know right. It's freakin highway robbery. You'd think I was buying a CD player not a plastic piece. I'll just have to keep scouring the junkyards.

Latest posts

Back