does the fsdet/fsde/fsze have anything to do with ford?

AtenzaNY62

:
mazda6
well i know ford owns mazda but.. does the fsdet or any other 2.0 have anything to do with ford? assited/made by ford etc. i came across this cuz my friend mentioned it, and i told him the msp is a great car and the motor has nothing to do with ford...

i read somewhere that all the f series are mazda made which were also put in some ford cars. i'm thinking all f engines were made in japan too?(if u look around good enough, u'll notice some japanese kanji and hiragana so even more so it was made in japan.) i believe ford had their own engines, the duratec or ecotec..i forget haha not a big ford fan. btw ur fs is made by mazda. also dont be surprised u might find a few small components made by ford in the engine. i think in my p5, the diagnostic module is made by ford haha. heh kinda like finding toyota parts in a GM car. <- i think the malibu(corolla looking one?)

Last edited:
Ford has the Duratec, which until the recent redesign was actually a German engine. Cars are all such a mishmash of different companies these days.

Ah, you're right. The 4.0L is German (or at least German derived link).
Looks like the name Duratec doesn't have anything to do with anything (link).

Back