auto headlight sensitivity

nope. It still goes on every morning, so I can't see my reverse camera image unless I hit the brightness switch. It is totally annoying.

For 2009

Does anyone know what the sequence is for the 2009 CX-9? The order on the light stalk is different than the 07-08 ~ OFF-AUTO-TNS-ON (from top to bottom). Thanks!

sequence is OFF - TNS-ON-AUTO for 2009 model
And i donno abt u guys, but this is my experience with AUTO lights in the cx-9,
the lights immediately turn on when we take our car from the garage and when we come out the lights turn off within 2 secs max. and stays off throughout if the sun is there, but yes they turn on under tunnels, and once we get back into the garage it turn on again within 2 secs max. everything happens within a second with the lights. and at night the light stays on as normal
And when the car is turn off the lights stay on for 30 seconds exact before turning off !
so basically the AUTO feature seems to work absolutely fine and flawless

Oh and btw, for those of u who are confused as to where the sensor is, it is in the center of the windscreen ( ie, right behind the rear view mirror )

Anyone tried this on a 2013/14 model? Any changes to the procedure needed due to a different order of settings on the stalk?

According to Page 09-18-28 of 2007 Workshop Manual the Auto Light Illumination Level setting procedure is the following:

Auto Light Illumination Level Setting

CAUTION:
If any of the following occurs, the sensitivity cannot be set properly. Therefore, resume from Step 1.
Each procedure and operation interval exceeds 5s
Procedures are performed incorrectly.

NOTE:
Perform the procedure in a condition that allows verification of the headlight illumination because it is necessary to verify the setting condition according to the number of times headlights turn on.

1.)Turn the ignition switch to the ON position with the light switch in the OFF position and pulled back (Flash-to-pass ON)
2.)Switch the light switch from the OFF to the TNS position five times and return it to the OFF position
3.)Pull the light switch back once (Flash-to-pass ON)
4.)Turn the light switch to the TNS position
5.)Switch the light switch from the TNS to ON position five times and return it to the TNS position
6.)Turn the light switch to the ON position
7.)Switch the light switch from the ON to AUTO position five times and return it to the ON position
8.)Turn the light switch to the TNS position

NOTE:
Switches to the sensitivity setting mode when the above operations are performed

The headlights turn on for the number of times according to the current setting conditions
i. Illumination (Two times): Standard Sensitivity

ii. Illumination (Three Times): Low sensitivity
9.)Switch the sensitivity by pulling the light switch back (Flash-to-pass ON)

10.)Verify the number of times the headlights turn on and that the sensitivity is set properly.
i. Illumination (Two times): Standard Sensitivity

ii. Illumination (Three Times): Low sensitivity

I'd like to know this also. My 2013 lights turn on way too early. I'd be ok with controlling them myself but the only way to turn on the LED lights is to have the switch in the auto position. Thanks

Back