In Memory of Member 1338
In Memory of Member 1338

Thread: Extended Warranty Refund-Is It Possible?

Donated: $20

2007 Cosmic Blue MS3

Extended Warranty Refund-Is It Possible?

I bought the extended waranty on my MS3 thinking that a car with this much power could cause problems after 5 years. Has anyone ever done this? Will they refund it?

Now with all the mods I want to do, i'm thinking I shouldn't have gotten the extended warranty. Besides they won't cover any breakdowns with a down pipe (1 Cat), PG manifold, SB, WB O2, motor mount, PG fuel pump. Will they?
    2007 MAZDASPEED 3, MS CAI, MS CBE.

'07 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - Silver, GT

Some of these warranties are only returnable if you haven't filed a claim using them. But I think in general they are returnable.

Cosmic Blue MS3 of hawtness!

Quote Originally Posted by Hirudin View Post
    Some of these warranties are only returnable if you haven't filed a claim using them. But I think in general they are returnable.
    +1

it definitely would require you to read the specific policy that you bought, but if it is returnable, it will require 0 claims.

Registered Member

Mazdaspeed3

yes it is refundable but it is pro-rated. go ahead and be prepared for the run around from the dealership. when they refund a warranty it gets charged back to the F&I guy.

Registered Member

Mazdaspeed3 GT Cosmic Blue Mica

First, read your warranty's contract. This tells you what steps to do to get the contract canceled.

Second, ask your dealership if they can do the cancellation for you. When you purchased your car with the warranty, they should have told you how much time you have to change your mind on the warranty (I hope you were paying attention). The cancellation request is something that the dealership will want in writing. In the event that the dealership has sent the warranty contract copy to corporate(?) already, then you'll need to follow the steps as written on the warranty's contract. There will be a prorated refund, as someone already mentioned.

Cancellation is doable, you just have to talk to your dealership and read what the contract says. Good luck with it.

Just because you made changes doesn't make the warranty worthless. There is a lot of other things that can go wrong.

02 Mazda Protege5

FYI if it does get refunded your payments won't change, it'll just get credited to the loan.

Donated: $20

2007 Cosmic Blue MS3

Quote Originally Posted by Ryz View Post
    Just because you made changes doesn't make the warranty worthless. There is a lot of other things that can go wrong.
    What can go wrong on a MS3 with a enough upgrades to make 350whp, 400wt that WOULD be covered under warranty?

I just don't have any experience with warranty claims, cause I have always bought used cars.

I figured, The most expensive and most likely not covered would be throwing a rod.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Cosmic Blue MS3 of hawtness!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy3 View Post
    What can go wrong on a MS3 with a enough upgrades to make 350whp, 400wt that WOULD be covered under warranty?

I just don't have any experience with warranty claims, cause I have always bought used cars.

I figured, The most expensive and most likely not covered would be throwing a rod.
    well, for starters, i'm willing to bet that 350whp is going to make the car rattle like a MOFO! you should be able to get them to pad your dash and whatnot under warranty if it starts rattling?