Oil Consumption

InlineTwin

:
Mazdaspeed6
I called the dealership because the check engine light came on, there was no oil on the dipstick, and my transfer case still leaks after 4 visits to them (on a side note anyone know of lemon laws in colorado?). The response from the dealership was that they would look at it. Also they told me that it was normal for the car to consume an entire quart of oil in 2000 miles so they are not conserned about the oil consumption! WTF?

Have any of you seen oil consumption between oil changes? They also said the check engine light is not related to the lack of oil in the car, does this seem right? If the oil is low enough I would think there is a code for that.

i usually burn atleast a quart if not more.. i use AMS or Royal Purple oil.. its supposed to burn oil.. its not in a bad way unless ur car is smoking.

i usually burn atleast a quart if not more.. i use AMS or Royal Purple oil.. its supposed to burn oil.. its not in a bad way unless ur car is smoking.

my car has 31k miles on it and it burns no oil. Even when I drive it really hard! Who told you that it is normal? My RX-8 used oil because it is a rotary. Normal 4 cyl motors should not burn oil.

not burn oil.. i meant it uses it im using AMS oil.. but i guess you guys never heard of that stuff. performance shop said it would be normal to lose a quart or so since its like the purest synthetic oil on the market which is why its costs 12 dollars a quart for the s***.. do some research before posting. plus our car is no way near a normal 4 cylinder engine..boost

not burn oil.. i meant it uses it im using AMS oil.. but i guess you guys never heard of that stuff. performance shop said it would be normal to lose a quart or so since its like the purest synthetic oil on the market which is why its costs 12 dollars a quart for the s***.. do some research before posting. plus our car is no way near a normal 4 cylinder engine..boost

you spend $12 per quart? damn dude. no thanx......

I love this car and it drives like a normal 4 banger.......until I put my foot into it! But even then it uses no oil at all.....

Boost don't equal using oil....

Synthetic oil does equal using oil though. Which is why I won't use it. It causes problems in the long run and you will get leaks over time since it is so thin. I will stick to what mazda says....

well i race alot so AMS so far is the best peforming oil so far im gonna try out there new 0W30 stuff.. but back to the question in the first post.. what kind of oil are u using unless ur using a really expensize synthetic oil u shouldnt be using much oil.

well i race alot so AMS so far is the best peforming oil so far im gonna try out there new 0W30 stuff.. but back to the question in the first post.. what kind of oil are u using unless ur using a really expensize synthetic oil u shouldnt be using much oil.

Mobil 5000 5w30.

well its a synthetic oil.. ull lose some oil.. seems a bit high to be losing a whole quart in just 2000 miles.. i would say if it was 4000-5000 miles and u were losing a quart not to worry about it...do the oil change yourslef.. its not rlly that hard. and then youll know that it was done right.

The quality of the oil has no bearing on the amount a car "uses." Synthetic oils are superior to dino juice, b/c the dispersity of the molecular weights of the hydrocarbons that make up the oil is lower for synthetics. Additionally they have a lower concentration of impurities and a higher concentration of saturated hydrocarbons. They should not burn. In fact, synthetic oils are more durable than regular and should last longer. It sounds like your car is burning oil either from blowby or out of the turbo seals.

im giving up.. some of guys disgust me on here.. o and yeah my car isnt smoking and doesnt leak oil. and last time i checked there was no oil in my ic piping anywhere. most of the guys who race with me see a loss as well and there all using AMS oil. so whats next u gonna tell me that all 8 of our cars are having blow by issues, or turbo seals leaking.

firends car list

evo3 16g eclipse spyder with awd conversion(rare)
evo 8
evo 9
acura rsx converted to turbo
MS3
S13
Eclipse GSX with FP Green huge ass turbo
SRT-4

but it seems that daddy thinks all of them have issues if there using oil..

and heres a few pictures of some of the cars i noted.

Attachments

• evo and me.jpg
    evo and me.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 197
  • the 3 ladies.jpg
    the 3 ladies.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 184
  • the whips 2.jpg
    the whips 2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 189
  • Import wars Me and tom.jpg
    Import wars Me and tom.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 191
  • img486.jpg
    img486.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
im giving up.. some of guys disgust me on here.. o and yeah my car isnt smoking and doesnt leak oil. and last time i checked there was no oil in my ic piping anywhere. most of the guys who race with me see a loss as well and there all using AMS oil. so whats next u gonna tell me that all 8 of our cars are having blow by issues, or turbo seals leaking.

firends car list

evo 8
evo 9
MS3
S13
SRT-4

I'm embarrassed that we own the same car
Hey, hows your Walbro write up coming and the pics???

(braindead

firends car list

evo 8
evo 9
MS3
S13
SRT-4

I agree that racing a car will consume more oil. But still it seems to be excessive. Don't get all pissy and get disgusted with people because they disagree with you! Tantrums over the internet are pointless...

Under normal driving though there should be no oil consumption.......PERIOD!!!! Even with synthetic there will be minimum oil consumption. There may be something wrong with the car if it is not being raced or driven really hard all the time. Drag racing or roadracing is pretty hard on a car. Most of the guys I know who roadrace or go to HPDE's will over fill their cars by about 1/2 a quart because of all the lateral loads and oil sloshing around. but even then they only lose about 1/4 quart. So I don't know what else to say other that the car may have something wrong with it. The cars I am referring to are not little rice rockets either. Here is my list. And none of these cars consume oil. And all of them use synthetic...

99 NSX with Comptech Supercharger
97 Porsche Carrera 4 with turbo
99 Viper GTS stock
90 NSX Stock
97 BMW 318ti with Supercharger
95 BMW BMW 540i w/supercharger
00 Integra Type R w/supercharger
00 Corvette ZO6 stock w/ i/e/h

Thanks for the input. I will watch it, I still have plenty of warrenty left so if it gets worse I will keep pinging the dealership on it.

I'm embarrassed that we own the same car
Hey, hows your Walbro write up coming and the pics???

(braindead

im embarassed that u and ur boyfriend caused all this mayhem just because i didnt wanna give up details on what i did and probably never will now since u two blew it way out of proportion.. i like having an advantage over people.. matters most at the track and since u cant see the pump u can only hear it most people will race u and not even know its there..end of story. but this thread isnt about that.. but yeah just pay attention to ur oil levels and u should be fine..unless ur car is smoking or leaking oil chances are its okay.

Dude,you are full of BS.I have been using Amsoil for over 2 years and not a quart being used between oil changes.I change out at 6000 miles or 6 months whichever comes first.

It's 0w20 moron.I know since the dealership I work for is an Amsoil dealer.I have read a few of your posts and you are really just typing without a clue aren't you?

Thanks for the input. I will watch it, I still have plenty of warrenty left so if it gets worse I will keep pinging the dealership on it.

If you need some help with it PM me,I will let you know who to talk to at mazda to get some help

Back