wrx sti...trade worth it ?

flipstylex

:
Mazdaspeed 3, Cosmic Blue sport
(flame2) Ever since the sti was revealed couple months ago, i had thoughts before, if i should wait to get the ms3. i always liked the hatchback platform and i realized that sti will be on the same form +330hp+awd....instead, i bought the speed3 since it looks so hot !!! but...winter time hits my area now and it kinda piss me off driving on fwd....Don't get me wrong i absolutely love the car....but my wife is giving me a green light to get the sti when it comes out (shrug)!!... i'm still debating whether to get it or not..the payments i can afford....but the attachement i had with the ms3 is....will be missed..so much.(shocked)what u guys think......

just look at that thing !!!
WRXwithbackground-1.jpg

if the STI doesn't rattle and creak when it gets cold out, i say BUY BUY BUY! (bang)

on the bright side, i think i got rid of the windshield cowl creaking by ripping the thing off and putting 4x layers of electrical tape + felt pads all over it...=/ of course, now i notice a few random creaks coming from inside the cabin! (argh)

The STi is going to be awesome, but its not really in the same class as the MS3...the STi will be in the 40k range fully loaded, 35k base. Thats a far cry from the 20k I spend on my ms3..

yea, thats another thing i was thinking about,PRICE. But growing up, i have always loved the sti and the rx8. I would have gotten the rx-8, but considering rwd, my wife WILL crash it in the rain( she really can't drive).....anyways, for the sti, i've always dreamed of having it on a hatchback....(growing up i had 2 hatchbacks(honda);)....now i got my wish...........

anyways, summer time was great with the ms3....But when rain comes, it makes me hesitate to pass or step on it on highways since wheelspin an stuff.....now wintertime, it just snowed this passed 2 days, and heck i drove like a grandma !!! Scared of the damn road itself !!! Don't get me wrong, i can drive it in the snow ! (hence im not a b**** ! lol) but damn, my friends truck (which is awd) i love so much cuz we cruise on snow with confidence :)...

Just my thoughts :)

Personally if I could afford the sti regardless of it being more expensive thats what i'd be driving right now.

yea, thats another thing i was thinking about,PRICE. But growing up, i have always loved the sti and the rx8. I would have gotten the rx-8, but considering rwd, my wife WILL crash it in the rain( she really can't drive).....anyways, for the sti, i've always dreamed of having it on a hatchback....(growing up i had 2 hatchbacks(honda);)....now i got my wish...........

anyways, summer time was great with the ms3....But when rain comes, it makes me hesitate to pass or step on it on highways since wheelspin an stuff.....now wintertime, it just snowed this passed 2 days, and heck i drove like a grandma !!! Scared of the damn road itself !!! Don't get me wrong, i can drive it in the snow ! (hence im not a b**** ! lol) but damn, my friends truck (which is awd) i love so much cuz we cruise on snow with confidence :)...

Just my thoughts :)

Well in upper trims, the RX-8 comes with DSC, so it would be kinda hard unless she turned it off.
AWD FTW, I hate FWD so, so much.

Hey man, if you can afford it, get it. I love my ms3, but if I could get my hands on one of those I'll do it.

More power and performance is a winner to me regardless of brand, unless it was a domestic( don't ask, is just me).

Subaru is Japanese, so there...

Last edited:
STi 4 u

Go for it!!!!!! Get the STi. I know I would get it if I could afford it (crazy). All I got is my ms3 for now.

i think i'm diggin the EVOX more so than the new Sti.. only becuase it has four doors..... need it for my little guy to get in and out when I take him to school. lol Hmm... maybe EvoX is in my future? :-\

STi in person

You guys have to see the STi in person it's freakin awsome compared to just the pics. I saw it a few weeks ago at the San Francisco International Auto Show. I'll post pixs when i get to my comp at home.

oOo yes yes plz post pics soon !!! (dreaming) !!!

yea evo is second choice, but i still like the hatchy look :)
but damn... i will miss this forum if i do get the sti..(stuck in nasioac)
But hey, i can still post here right ;)

sti hands down..but the ms3 is good too..it's a tough choice but you could always throw some snow tires on the ms3 and take the $ u would have spent on the sti and put that into the ms3.

I don't understand how anybody can have a problem with this car in the inclement weather. Other than the summer only tires the car handles as good as any other. If you want the STI just do it, don't put down things that aren't really a problem with the car you want to get rid of.

I don't understand how anybody can have a problem with this car in the inclement weather. Other than the summer only tires the car handles as good as any other. If you want the STI just do it, don't put down things that aren't really a problem with the car you want to get rid of.

I agree. The MS3 is great in snowy weather with appropriate tires. Please keep in mind I am in Va, and 8-12 inches is a lot of snow for us.

That STI in the pic is far from stock. Keep in mind that STI's of past came with summer only tires as well. So figure this one will also. If you can afford it, go for it. I am glad the scooby has full frame doors now. That was the one thing that always bothered me.

uh...regardless of your ability to accelerate in snow, you still cant STOP the vehicle for s*** (that's where tires come in). If you have the MS3 and STi moving at the identical speed with the same snow tires on the road conditions, stopping will be identical (if you neglect differences in braking power). Safety comes with the ability to stop. Get good winter tires. That should be your concern.

With that said, I'd get a the Evo X. The Sti/wrx etc. is an abomination in the looks department. Subaru is next to Hyundai in styling, where the philosphy is, take good looking cues from several other models, paste them together and the hodgepodge you see now!

Plus, you think the speed3 rattles? Subarus rattle right off the lot....

No rattles in my Subie, and I've never had one either. My protege had a rattle by the rear deck, never could shut it up.

Back