Sound deadening?

dtlmunkey

:
2004 Mazda 3 5 door
Hey,

Just wondering if any of you guys have used any sound deadening products in your 3? Let me know what you used, how much you used, and how well it worked!

-Thanks

This is one of my specialities....

Best for the money is www.raamaudio.com RaamMat The stuff is a bit heavy (like Dynamat Extreme) but it is sticky, and it works great.

The best overall IMO is Second Skin, but it costs quite a bit.

The lightest is Cascade, and although I haven't used it, it is reported to be quite good.

It is universally known that Dynamat Xtreme is great stuff, but it has absolutely no chance against other brands when you factor in price. It is WAY overpriced.

If money is more important then a little extra weight, then go with Raammat. Get a single roll, which will do most of the car, no problem. Get a second roll if you are going hardcore by matting the entire car. To cover the mat, you want to get about 4-6 yards of Ensolite, a closed-cell foam that nicely quiets any remaining squeaks, rattles, or noise. Ensolite with the quality spray Rick at Raamaudio sells is a good combination with the mat.

You can refer to my install page as shown on my signature, if you need guidance with installing.

I took Fourth's advice and have placed all the RaamAudio supplies necessary, for sound-proof/deadening as well as the wiring I'll need someday when I improve my stereo, on my XMas list.

(hear ya)

Nice

Thanks, I think I'll be going with a roll of the RAAMmat. Does it already have an adhesive backing, or do I need the spray. I see the ensolite needs it, but I didn't see anything on the RAAMmat? Again, thanks for the info!!!(bowdown)

I CAN wait to take my whole car apart; I CAN'T wait to hear my stereo and cell phone while I'm driving! Especially my cell phone, so much as I hate talking ON the phone, I hate not HEARING the phone for road noise much, MUCH more.

Back