Adding subwoofer to Bose head unt

chillum

I did a search on this and it is still unclear to me how this is to be done: add an amp and subwoofer to the current bose system. All I would like to do is add a subwoofer to get more bass while keeping the rest of the system in tact. In the past I have simply spliced into the wires that went to the rear speakers as a line source and then connected that to the amp and the amp to a 12inch sub. Would that work with the bose system?

thanks for any help.

^I don't have the bose system, but as suggested above... if the bose equipped cars do have subs, use the speaker wires off them, not your regular speakers. The sub wires will already have the unnecessary frequencies filtered out and your aftermarket sub will sound much better.

if the CX7 HU is anything like the MS6, you're much better off slicing RCAs into the front door speakers at the stock HU location. in the M6, the signal coming out of the HU is already a low voltage signal so no need for a LOC. i'd imagine the CX7 bose is the same way with a seperate amp to power the cabin speakers. personally, i've added two seperate sub amps to 6s off the bose sub amp harness, but i haven't tinkered in the CX7 yet.

So would you splice into the wires pre or post Bose amp for a sub woofer?I would imagine after the amp so you can have volume control. Also if tapping into the rear speaker wires which set of speakers are the subs? I dont mind getting a full spectrum of sound since the amp I plan on using has a crossover and I can isolate the bass frequencies which I can then run to the 12 inch sub. I think this should work. Now I need to figure out to run the power wire from the battery to the rear for the amp.

I would love to heare any more thoughts and criticisms to make sure this works. Thanks(dunno)

I don't think the rear speakers are full range, they certainly don't look like it, they could be though, I just think you would be better off tapping into the front speaker's because they are subwoofers, just not so great ones.

Back