05 mazda 3 sirius satellite after market install

redsand71

Hello all:
I have a 05 mazda 3 sedan, and was wondering where you would run ,or the best place to run the wires for the sirius satellite. The dealer installed option is to much in my opinion so I recieved a unit from sirius.. They say the trunk, but wires under the trunk might be exposed, and I would like the top but not sure where to run the antena throught the windsheild. Any pictures of what it looks like if anybody has done that would be VERY helpfull!
thanks!

So are you installing the OEM unit, or are you putting in an aftermarket one? I'm confused.

If you're going OEM then you can either follow mazda's install instructions and place the receiver behind the paneling in the trunk/hatch area, or you could put it in the glove compt. Antenna wise I know several people who have put it on the dash with no loss in signal reception. If you run the wire under the rubber trim along the front of the door and remove the a-pillar cover then you can have it pop out right at the corner of the windshield and you'll never notice it.

it would be an aftermarket. Circut city also sugested putting the antena in the dash area. I have had sirius for 2 years on my P5, and it was mounted on top. never had much problem with reception. not sold on the dash though.

antenna.jpg

this is where i put the antenna, you can alos see the suction cup of the docking station inside.

starmate4.jpg

ran the wires along the a pillar for the antenna, and ran the power wire across the headliner to passenger side, where i took it to the cig lighter and tapped power there.

Back