Weapon-R Engine Torque Damper

upgraded motor mounts...your stockers are probably torn...mine, and many others, were destroyed before even hitting 30,000 miles. You will get no herky jerky if you upgrade to AWR mounts. No herky jerky and no wheel hop.

I cannot count how many of those I have sold to Nissan Sentra SE-R owners. Not sure what the story is there but I have yet to sell one to a Mazda owner. +1 on replacing/upgrading the motor mounts.

Good to know though it looks like they may have improved their design. If you upgrade your mounts though why bother?

Read on some thread that there's a new version now of the Weapon-R damper. Any feedback on the new one?

AWR mounts sounds good but I can't deal with the vibration.

The ********** billet aluminum front & rear set for $200 could be a good compromise. They look solid too.

What do you think of this option below?

Weapon-R damper $170
CorkSport Motor Mount Insert Set $55

Read on some thread that there's a new version now of the Weapon-R damper. Any feedback on the new one?

The ********** billet aluminum front & rear set for $200 could be a good compromise. They look solid too.

Weapon-R damper $170

I agree. I'd rather use a damper than drive around in a car that shakes and vibrates anymore than stock because of the mounts. I have some front and rear AWR mounts that I never installed after seeing how it shook that hell out of my brothers car.

There was another thread I subscribed to where the board member was gauging interest in getting Ingalls Engineering to produce/ sell a custom damping system for our car using a quality damper.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123647705

I'd still be interested to hear feedback from anyone that owns a newer designed Weapon-R, but I think it speaks volumes that not many people have it.

Last edited:

Weapon-R damper $170

This is more or less what I have in my car nowthe original Weapon-R damper and RR Racing front motor mount inserts. For my tastes, this is the best combination in terms of the decrease in engine movement and the increase in vibration at idle.

In the past I had an AWR 88 durometer front motor mount (way too much vibration), AWR 70 durometer front motor mount (still too much vibration), the weapon-R damper and a filled front motor mount (not enough reduction in engine movement), and finally the combination stated above.

I have SU mounts on all 4 sides and the vibrating is minimal. I know people with the Damper on there protege and they say it was the biggest waste of cash yet.

Hey Professor MSP. How is the damper holding up? Would you recommend it?

Saw the Ingalls thread. Doesn't seem like anything is/will be happenning with it.

Anyone have any feed back on the Street unit engine mounts?

I have the Street U mounts and I love them. Its a nice marriage between preformance and comfort. There is a noticable vibration increase though, but with solid mount there is no way to avoid that.

Saw the Ingalls thread. Doesn't seem like anything is/will be happenning with it.

I have the SU mm on my auto and vibrations arn't bad at all. Worse case senerio if its to bad for you just put the sotck rear back in. Thats were you get majority of the vibrations from.

(jacked)

Seminol: so the mounts you have are new? Would you consider selling them???

end thread jack.

I have the original Weapon-R damper and have not had a single problem with it in the two years its been on my car. I do, however, recall that a few people did experience a problem shortly after it arrived on the scene, namely, that the vertical support bar would bend. Weapon-R revised the damper a bit after the initial problem and I don't recall any problems after that.

The damper alone was not sufficient, in my opinion. As I posted above, I added the RR Racing front motor mount inserts to the damper and am happy with the combination of the two. I cannot stand the vibrations at idle from the solid engine mounts.

Thanks everyone. I'm definitely confused with what to do now....

If the Weapon-R damper isn't enough alone, I might as well go with both mounts replacement.
Replacing just the front mount would kill the rear mount after a while since it'll be taking the full brunt.
So I have no choice but to do both really?
With that in mind, which brand would be the best in minimizing vibration?
Would just the Corksport inserts be sufficient by themselves?

(jacked)

Seminol: so the mounts you have are new? Would you consider selling them???

end thread jack.

They are the highest durometer front and rear -never been mounted. I'll let the set go for $100.00 + shipping. PM me if you're interested.

Back