MZ5's worst fear

:
Mazda 5 GT
It finally happened. My daughter noticed it. 'You got a dent!!'... ouch! and there it was, right in the middle of the rightside sliding door. A small dent hardly noticeable -- unless you're the one who wax the car regularly. Our 1-yr old MZ5 finally earned her first 'Supermarket Battle Scar'. No damage to the paint. Just an indentation..

We all know the feeling. 'Where did it happen?'. What could have hit it? From the location of the dent, it must be from another car door. What with the windy season..

I know its just a dent. But on a mazda5? I wouldn't mind if it was on an SUV or a Truck or a Minivan.. (i.e. they are built for that purpose). lolz

I know what you mean and it sucks..big time! I hate people who don't give a damn about other people's property. Again yesterday, i saw a chick at the mall slam her door in another car beside hers. I wanted to go punch her in the face. She completely ignored the damage she had done and just took off. (chair)
It finally happened. My daughter noticed it. 'You got a dent!!'... ouch! and there it was, right in the middle of the rightside sliding door. A small dent hardly noticeable -- unless you're the one who wax the car regularly. Our 1-yr old MZ5 finally earned her first 'Supermarket Battle Scar'. No damage to the paint. Just an indentation..

We all know the feeling. 'Where did it happen?'. What could have hit it? From the location of the dent, it must be from another car door. What with the windy season..

I know its just a dent. But on a mazda5? I wouldn't mind if it was on an SUV or a Truck or a Minivan.. (i.e. they are built for that purpose). lolz

I avoid parking next to Suburbans, Expeditions, and Yukons for this reason; I seem to get a dent every time I park next to one.

Minivans, on the other hand, are great to park next to.

I know what you mean and it sucks..big time! I hate people who don't give a damn about other people's property. Again yesterday, i saw a chick at the mall slam her door in another car beside hers. I wanted to go punch her in the face. She completely ignored the damage she had done and just took off. (chair)

Amen!

Yeah it makes me sick to my stomach

This past summer the sme thing happened to our 2 year old Mz5. We had travelled to Hershey Park with our kids and I parked in an area I figured would be safe. Everytime we went out I checked the car, then in a spcae of two hours three cars parked next to it and bam, the next time I check we had TWO quater-size dings on teh driver's side sliding door. It ruined my afternoon. I wanted to kill someone. It was apparent that someone didn't pay attention. I was going to have them fixed but never had a chance the dings are still there. Maybe once the winter passes.

Dings suck a bunch, not only becasue it ruins the aesthetics of a car but also because it demonstrates the worst in people and how many people could care less about your property. Some people have the attitude "it's a ding" big deal, it's only a car." I see comments like this nothing more than a cop-out that tries to make the dingee feel superficial about caring about their car. I'd like to say to them "are you paying the monthly payments?

Anyway I feel for you.

Worst Fear? That's not even close!

Try front passenger side fender bender.

Hint - Locate your electric power steering pump.

I accidently put dent in our left slider, our motorcycle trailer rolled into it hitch first... sux arse, then 2days later the wife nailed a high curb.... when it rains....

I know how you feel....my new Mazda5 got dinged big time by some jackass in a Hummer H2...well kinda, his kid pushed a shopping cart right into my passenger side door...putting the 5's first ding....the guy had the balls to say it was already there...then he said he was an LAPD officer...I contacted my buddy in the LAPD and he said the guy was totally lying...if he had shown me a badge I could have got him in trouble...any ways long story short...if that dumbass hadn't parked his Hummer in a red zone my car wouldn't have a ding in it....oh to make things worse he refused to pay...so I had to turn it into my insurance to get it fixed...my insurance said they needed a police report...so I went to the police station to fill one out...only thing is the police say I have to file a vandalism charge against the kid that pushed the cart...I really didn't want to do that so I tried to call him again....only to be hung up on...so I filed the police report against his son...haha!!! Some people should just learn to apologize....now that dumbasses kid has a vandalism charge on his record all because his dad didn't want to fix a $100 dent or even apologize which I probably would have been cool with...yeah my insurance agent called me and told me that I could claim it under my unisured motorist insurance and pay my deductible or I could just pay out of pocket and he'd file it as a report only so it wouldn't affect my policy...too bad I had already filed that police report hehe...(stfu)

Last edited:
I know how you feel....my new Mazda5 got dinged big time by some jackass in a Hummer H2...well kinda, his kid pushed a shopping cart right into my passenger side door...putting the 5's first ding....the guy had the balls to say it was already there...then he said he was an LAPD officer...I contacted my buddy in the LAPD and he said the guy was totally lying...if he had shown me a badge I could have got him in trouble...any ways long story short...if that dumbass hadn't parked his Hummer in a red zone my car wouldn't have a ding in it....oh to make things worse he refused to pay...so I had to turn it into my insurance to get it fixed...my insurance said they needed a police report...so I went to the police station to fill one out...only thing is the police say I have to file a vandalism charge against the kid that pushed the cart...I really didn't want to do that so I tried to call him again....only to be hung up on...so I filed the police report against his son...haha!!! Some people should just learn to apologize....now that dumbasses kid has a vandalism charge on his record all because his dad didn't want to fix a $100 dent or even apologize which I probably would have been cool with...yeah my insurance agent called me and told me that I could claim it under my unisured motorist insurance and pay my deductible or I could just pay out of pocket and he'd file it as a report only so it wouldn't affect my policy...too bad I had already filed that police report hehe...(stfu)

What are you 5? That is the most retarded thing I've read in a long time. Who files police charges against a kid b/c his father is an ass? Get a life. If some piece of garbage like you ever did that to my kid, I'd give you a reason to file some charges...against me instead! You'd learn a valuable lesson and I'd have a couple hours of community service to do. Seriously, use your head next time and get the dent fixed like you did without all that other b/s.

What are you 5? That is the most retarded thing I've read in a long time. Who files police charges against a kid b/c his father is an ass? Get a life. If some piece of garbage like you ever did that to my kid, I'd give you a reason to file some charges...against me instead! You'd learn a valuable lesson and I'd have a couple hours of community service to do. Seriously, use your head next time and get the dent fixed like you did without all that other b/s.

id file a charge against the kid if the father wont pay for damages too... its probably difference in opinions but I think justice should be served no matter how old you are.

My wife drives it so I have given up on scratch/dents/bumps fears

I won't play right/wrong here, but it seems that tillyspeed81's approach is working offset_98, just see your own reaction :D.

I would be as upset if this happens to my kid as offset_98 is, no doubt, but if the Hummer owner does seem to be an arse (come on, he owns a civilian use Hummer, what else you can say) this is the only thing that would make him react, nothing else (unfortunately on the kid's tab though).

Just get one of those suction cup devices and it'll fix your dent.

Also, since people are aholes, if you care enough about your ride... park in a place where nobody can ding you. I've been doing that for the past 4+ years (with this car) and haven't had a single ding/dent. Granted, it's not always convenient but it beats the alternative.

Just get one of those suction cup devices and it'll fix your dent.

Also, since people are aholes, if you care enough about your ride... park in a place where nobody can ding you. I've been doing that for the past 4+ years (with this car) and haven't had a single ding/dent. Granted, it's not always convenient but it beats the alternative.

or park next to cars that looks well taken cared of or expensive ones

Back