needing help badly

yep i was thinking that if i used the o2 fix i could delete the cats. i may be wrong but i was thinking that the 2nd cat was for emissions only?
and thank you for tring to help me i'am not tring to be a ass just leaning
i have only worked on v8"s big block chevys
my drag car is a 87 monte carlo ss with 496 big block with a little gas(NOS)

Assuming you removed both cats correct? There's a precat connected to the stock downpipe and there's a second cat which is your main cat that's connected to the exhaust. If you removed both and used non foulers on both sensors then that's your problem. You have to use an actual o2 sensor on the top sensor input then use a non fouler on your second o2 sensor input. I believe the second input faces the left, and the first faces uptop.

If you removed both cats, you are in a world of hurt. As far as I know, there is no way to avoid a CEL with the first CAT Gone. The second O2 sensor is checking that the CAT is working. You may be able to replace the O2 sensor with a circuit that fakes the ECU into thinking the gas has the right mixture, but no spark plug adapter is going to do it.

Hey man just to clarify, The first cat is replaced with a short style downpipe. The first O2 sensor stays stock, the second gets a non fouler extender on the O2. This will not throw a code. The second cat called the midpipe is unmonitered by the car. I know you give good advise so I don't want people seeing the wrong info floating around.

Back