Preparing to pull the cylinder head...

jajwrigh

I am slowly getting to my problem with the screws coming loose in the intake manifold. As a reminder plug #4 was damaged, so I am assuming at least one is toast and now I intend to check that cylinder for damage.

I have drained the coolant already and am sure that I need to depressurize the fuel system and mark my timing. The problem is that I am not sure if pulling a fuse and opening the gas cap will do this or if there is more involved. Can someone tell me how to mark the timing on the belt/cam gears? Pictures would be great and explanation on how timing is adjusted etc. Is there anything else that is suggested before I take this next step?

You could 'fold back' the whole fuel rail (i did when i removed the intake) out of the way...

You could pull the fuel pump relay and run the engine (even thought the coolant is out - it won't be long enough to warm up)...

You could find the schraeder valve and depress it - be careful to not spray into your face!!

You must already have the manual (for such a complex task you should)- doesn't it say?

Back