Why am i losing Oil?

dmjddm9999

:
2001 mazda protege mp3
Hey guys. About a month and a half ago i had a shop install sr motor soprt cam gears and jdm camshafts in my mp3. When i went to pick up the car they told me to change my oil immediately, so i did that same day. While i was driving today i noticed my oil light on. I checked my oil and saw nothing on the dip stick. I then drained the oil and noticed that there was only one quart of oil left in the car. I can't figure out how my car could have lost so much oil in only one and a half months. I only put about 1000 miles on my car since they installed the cam gears and camshfts. What could be the problem?

Did you notice any leaks? Was it smoking alot? I would think any one of those would be very noticeable. You did go through that oil pretty fast!

does your car have a turbo on it? or forged pistons? or a puddle under it? or oil all over the bottom of the engine?

another thing to check it when you first start the car in the morning, does any oil-like stuff come out of your exhaust pipe.

i did start noticing that the car does smoke a bit wen i down shift. But no i havent noticed any leaks. I dont have a turbo or pistons.

That sounds like it's burning it then. I would think it would be smoking like crazy if you were losing that much oil!

no, it doesnt smoke at all. I just noticed that wen i down shift without pressing the gas peddle to slow my self down, i would smell smoke.

i checked the coolant and it looked pretty good. I guess i may have to flush the coolant and check it thourghly. Thanks for the help

i did start noticing that the car does smoke a bit wen i down shift. But no i havent noticed any leaks. I dont have a turbo or pistons.

LOL it's and FC and the metering pump is bad...

How about the plugs, if your burning oil you'll see it on there. You may not =notice to much smokre at first because you have a cat that will clean most of the exhaust up. You do have a cat right.

Back